Laura Yvonne Zielinski is an international arbitration lawyer who focuses on commercial, investor-state and state-state arbitration.
Ms. Zielinski has been involved in proceedings before the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal (IUSCT), the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) and the International Court of Justice (ICJ). She has represented governments and private companies in proceedings administered by the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). Her practice also covers public international law advisory matters, including advising clients on sanctions and sovereign immunity, as well as international space law.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Zielinski worked at a leading international law firm in Paris. Earlier in her career, she interned at the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) in The Hague, Netherlands. In 2016, Ms. Zielinski lectured on international dispute resolution at Sciences Po in Paris.
- Columbia Law School, LL.M.
- Sciences Po Law School, M.L., Certificate in Global Business Law and Governance
- Sciences Po, B.A.
- New York
- Space Arbitration, Founder and President, 2021-Present
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), Young & International (Y&I) Global Board Member, 2023-2026
- American Society of International Law (ASIL), Latin America Interest Group, Co-Chair, 2021-2024
- Mexican Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Deutsche Institution fur Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (DIS)
- Club Español de Arbitraje (CEA)
- Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC)
- Young ICCA
- Young ICSID
- Stand-out Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2022, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, 2022, 2023
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia University Law School
- Parker School Recognition of Achievement in International and Comparative Law, Columbia University Law School