U.S. Antiboycott Laws
- Holland & Knight’s International Trade Team regularly advises U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries on issues related to U.S. antiboycott laws.
- We assist clients with the application of Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Tax Reform Act (TRA) to their Middle East operations and activities.
- Our attorneys routinely help clients in establishing antiboycott compliance programs and conducting compliance audits.
Holland & Knight’s International Trade Group has broad experience in advising U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries on the application of the U.S. antiboycott laws. These laws prohibit U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries from participating in or cooperating with the Arab boycott against Israel. Our experience with antiboycott matters extends to both the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Tax Reform Act (TRA). Members of our Trade Group set up antiboycott compliance programs, conduct training, represent companies in voluntary disclosures and in enforcement actions, conduct compliance audits, and lecture around the world on U.S. antiboycott matters.
Examples of matters handled by our Trade Group include:
- advise U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries on a myriad of factual situations involving the application of the EAR and TRA to their operations and activities in the Middle East
- establish compliance programs for U.S. companies and their overseas subsidiaries
- prepare antiboycott compliance manuals for U.S. companies
- provide counsel in voluntary disclosures and enforcement matters with the U.S. Antiboycott Office, Department of Commerce
- assist in preparation of boycott reports