Jennifer Weaver is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Healthcare Section and a co-leader of the firm's Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Group. She has more than two decades of experience representing healthcare providers in government investigations, False Claims Act (FCA) litigation, Medicare audits and appeals, and healthcare business disputes across the country. Ms. Weaver resides in the firm's Nashville office.
Ms. Weaver helps clients navigate the vast resources and power of the government. She has built an impressive track record defending clients' FCA matters across the United States, including cases where the government has intervened. She has been equally successful appealing costly and potentially crippling Medicare audits conducted by Unified Program Integrity Contractors (UPICs). Ms. Weaver has successfully reduced multimillion-dollar overpayments to four- or five-figure overpayments through the Medicare appeals process and convinced the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to lift potentially devastating Medicare payment suspensions on behalf of providers.
In addition to her experience in government enforcement actions, healthcare providers rely on Ms. Weaver's successful track record in complex business disputes. She has secured landmark defense verdicts in trials and pre-trial dismissals on behalf of healthcare providers in state and federal courts across the country.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Universidad de Nueva York, B.F.A., Film and Television, with highest honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Healthcare: Government Investigations & Fraud (Tennessee), 2020-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2020-2023; Qui Tam Law, 2021-2023
- Nashville Medical News, Women to Watch, 2021
- Nashville Post, In Charge, Healthcare, 2022-2023