The Technology and National Security Nexus: A Legal and Practical Roadmap for Early-Stage Companies
Holland & Knight, In-Q-Tel Inc.
Are you thinking about fundraising or debt financing? Are you looking to hire a star engineer who is a foreign national, source components or create manufacturing capacity overseas, or raise capital from a foreign investor? Are you searching for a federal government sales channel? Are you eligible for small business awards or grants? How do you break into this space?
Please join us for a webinar titled "The Technology and National Security Nexus: A Legal and Practical Roadmap for Early-Stage Companies to Navigate Financings, Foreign Investment and Federal Government Contracting."
Our presentation will bring together leaders from In-Q-Tel Inc. – a leading strategic investor focused on visionary startups and enhancing national security – and a cross-section of partners from Holland & Knight's Corporate Services Team, International Trade Group and Government Contracts Group for a discussion on how early-stage companies can best-position themselves for success in the federal market.
- How to think strategically about federal government contracting opportunities
- Capital structure considerations for early-stage companies with views to serve the intelligence and defense communities and other federal customers
- Foreign investment considerations for early-stage companies
- What is foreign ownership, control or influence (FOCI) and why should I care?
- Tips for addressing export controls – why they matter for all companies, regardless of size and scope
- How to sell to the federal government without a contract vehicle
We hope you can join us for this highly informative presentation.
Bruce Adams | General Counsel, In-Q-Tel Inc.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
Holland & Knight will apply for CLE credit based on attendee requests. Some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of content or jurisdictional restrictions. CLE accreditation is sought after the completion of the program, and the approval process can be lengthy in some jurisdictions. Holland & Knight is an approved CLE provider in several jurisdictions, including California, Georgia, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. For New York attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE for transitional (newly admitted) and experienced attorneys.