GovCon and COVID-19: What You Need to Know
Government contractors face a unique set of risks and opportunities from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, including operational disruptions, supply chain challenges, labor and employment issues, and increased demand from U.S. government agencies for supplies and services required to respond to the crisis. Holland & Knight attorneys Kara Ariail, David Black, Eric Crusius and Bob Tompkins will provide an overview and analysis of what to expect and how best to respond to the challenges and opportunities arising from COVID-19.
- What happens if prime contractors are having supply chain issues because of the virus?
- What happens if a government worksite/personnel are unavailable?
- What are the government's payment obligations to contractors?
- What are "rated orders" issued under the Defense Production Act (DPA) and how are contractors required to respond?
- What are the labor and employment aspects that contractors should consider?
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the situation surrounding COVID-19 is evolving and that the subject matter discussed may change on a daily basis. Please contact your responsible Holland & Knight lawyer for timely advice.