Eric Crusius is a Tysons attorney who focuses his practice on a wide range of government contract matters, including bid protests, claims and disputes, compliance issues and sub-prime issues.
Mr. Crusius has extensive experience in government contract litigation, including successfully prosecuting and intervening in numerous bid protests before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Government Accountability Office (GAO), boards of contract appeals and other federal agencies. He counsels clients regarding the Service Contract Act (SCA) and other labor issues, trade agreements, export controls, subcontracting and teaming agreements, and compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Mr. Crusius also represents contractors in investigations, suspension and debarment proceedings, and in federal and state courts. He also regularly counsels companies regarding compliance with various cybersecurity regulatory requirements in the government contracts industry.
In addition, Mr. Crusius is well-versed in developing strategies for and managing all stages of complex multimillion-dollar litigations from commencement through trial.
Mr. Crusius' recent representative matters include:
- Obtained a $3.3 million verdict in a complex government contracts trial against L-3 Communications
- Won jury trial, including punitive damages, on behalf of a government contractor in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in a case involving the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- Won an appeal in Ohio's Ninth District Court of Appeals overturning the summary judgment decision by the trial court
- Successfully prosecuted numerous bid protests at the GAO and the Court of Federal Claims, including a successful challenge of an approximately $190 million award on two separate protest grounds and a successful challenge of corrective action taken by the agency and prior adverse GAO decision
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
- Hofstra University, B.A., Social Science, with honors
- New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Law360, Government Contracts Editorial Advisory Board, 2018-2019
- National Contract Management Association, NOVA Chapter, President, 2017-2018
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law, Employment Safety and Labor Committee, Co-Chair
- Professional Services Council
- Small and Emerging Contractor Advisory Forum, Programs Committee
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Conscience, Hofstra University School of Law Newspaper, Editor-in-Chief
- Top Author, Government Contracts Industry, JD Supra Reader's Choice Awards, 2018
- Rising Star, Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2015
- Rising Star, Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers magazine, Government Contracts, 2013-2015
- Hofstra University School of Law, Dean's Scholarship