Philippa J. Balestrieri
Philippa "Pippa" J. Balestrieri is a corporate and financial services attorney in Holland & Knight's San Francisco office and a member of the firm's International and Cross Border Transactions Practice. Having lived and worked on three continents, Ms. Balestrieri brings her international experience to national and multinational business matters, advising clients on acquisition and investment strategy, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) compliance, international trade regulation and general business transactions. Her practice includes work for start-up, emerging growth and Fortune 500 companies in the technology, financial services, hospitality, healthcare and energy sectors.
In addition, Ms. Balestrieri advises nonprofit and private healthcare providers on emerging mental healthcare policy, serving as a liaison between her clients and government regulators. She is committed to the firm's pro bono initiatives and completes much of her work in this area on that basis.
Prior to receiving her law degree, Ms. Balestrieri served as a judicial intern for the Honorable John L. Kane of the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Neil M. Gorsuch when he was a judge with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. While in law school, she received the CALI Award for Common Law Property, having achieved the highest exam score in that subject on record at the time. In addition, she was an associate editor at the University of Colorado Law Review and achieved membership to the international Order of the Coif, graduating in the top 10 percent of her class.
Ms. Balestrieri is a citizen of multiple countries and enjoys serving as a legal and cultural ambassador for her clients.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., Dean's List
- Oxford University, M.A., Philosophy, Politics and Economics, with honors
- Oxford University, B.A., Philosophy, Politics and Economics, with honors
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- British American Bar Association of Southern California
- British American Business Council (Rocky Mountain), Founding Member
- State Bar of California, Business Law Section
- State Bar of California, International Law Section
- Oxford Entrepreneurs Network, Executive Board
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Order of the Coif