Robert S. Bernstein is a partner in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Construction Industry Practice Group. Mr. Bernstein focuses his practice on heavy construction, infrastructure and significant real estate development projects in both domestic and international markets.
Recent projects include:
- the $1.5 billion expansion of a commuter rail line in New York
- a design, build, finance and maintain (DBFM) toll road project in Aruba
- the $230 million acquisition of the Baccarat Hotel in New York City at a time when the hotel was under construction
- arbitration arising from the construction of a 70-megawatt photovoltaic power plant in Santiago, Chile
- acting as underwriter's construction adviser in connection with a $115 million bond offering to finance the construction of a new hotel
- serving as construction counsel to two New York City museums in connection with major expansions
- the construction of numerous hotels and luxury mixed-use developments in the New York City metropolitan area
As a highly experienced attorney, Mr. Bernstein regularly represents clients in construction transactions, complex construction and real estate development litigation, and provides project advice in connection with ongoing development projects.
While attending law school, Mr. Bernstein worked at the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York and was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. He is a regular speaker on construction issues.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- International Bar Association, International Construction Projects Committee
- International Bar Association, Human Rights Law Committee, Co-Chair
- Above & Beyond Pro Bono Achievement Award, Sanctuary for Families, 2020
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate and Construction: Construction, 2014
- New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2010, 2016-2020