Robert S. Bernstein is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Construction Industry Practice Group. Mr. Bernstein focuses his practice on heavy construction, infrastructure and significant real estate development projects in both domestic and international markets.
Recent projects include:
- multiple commuter rail line projects in New York, including the expansion of existing train lines and connection of additional stations to existing commuter lines
- defending a $20 million delay claim related to the construction of a train platform
- a design, build, finance and maintain (DBFM) toll road project in Aruba
- the $230 million acquisition of the Baccarat Hotel in New York City at a time when the hotel was under construction
- arbitration arising from the construction of a 70-megawatt photovoltaic power plant in Santiago, Chile
- acting as underwriter's construction adviser in connection with a $115 million bond offering to finance the construction of a new hotel
- serving as construction counsel to two New York City museums in connection with major expansions
- the construction of numerous hotels and luxury mixed-use developments in the New York City metropolitan area
As a highly experienced attorney, Mr. Bernstein regularly represents clients in construction transactions, complex construction and real estate development litigation, and provides project advice in connection with ongoing development projects.
While attending law school, Mr. Bernstein worked at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York and was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. He is a regular speaker on construction issues.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- International Bar Association, International Construction Projects Committee
- International Bar Association, Rule of Law Forum
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Above & Beyond Pro Bono Achievement Award, Sanctuary for Families, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate and Construction: Construction, 2014, 2022
- New York Metro Super Lawyers magazine, 2010, 2016-2021