Fletcher Brown is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Austin office. Mr. Brown focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory compliance, hospital-based systems, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and physician practice management. By listening to his clients and providing creative solutions to the issues they face, Mr. Brown has earned a reputation as a go-to attorney known for helping healthcare providers surmount day-to-day challenges and achieve strategic long-term goals. Hospitals, health systems, physician practices and other healthcare providers throughout Texas rely on him for assistance with operational and regulatory issues ranging from contract negotiations to Stark and anti-kickback compliance. Additionally, tax-exempt and investor-owned healthcare providers turn to Mr. Brown for guidance on policies and procedures, physician contracting, board governance and patient privacy issues.
Mr. Brown has earned numerous professional accolades throughout his career. He has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America guide since 2013 for his "high caliber of work" in healthcare law. Since 2006, he has repeatedly earned recognition in Chambers USA for his healthcare experience. Additionally, Super Lawyers recognizes him in nine healthcare categories, including Healthcare Compliance & Operations; Data Security & Patient Privacy; and Information Technology & Electronic Medical Records.
Mr. Brown has been board certified in health law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2002. He is a former board member of a large federally certified health clinic serving the underserved patient population in Travis County, Texas, from 2008-2019, including serving as its chair from 2015-2019.
- Baylor Law School, J.D.
- Baylor University, BBA
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Health Law Section Council, Chair, 2020-2021
- American Health Law Association
- Austin Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Top Attorneys, Austin Monthly, 2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Healthcare, 2006-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2013-2024
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers magazine, Healthcare, 2004-2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated