Jeffrey A. Calk
Jeff Calk counsels hospital systems and healthcare clients helping them comply with healthcare regulations involved in complex real estate transactions. His focus is on commercial and healthcare real estate, including acute care and behavioral hospitals, senior housing facilities, medical office buildings and physician practices.
Compliance with healthcare laws and regulations is integral to real estate transactions between healthcare providers and referral sources. In the face of these complexities, Mr. Calk works to make matters as simple as possible for the client, especially when navigating Stark Law and Anti-Kickback statute issues. An effective communicator, he is solutions-oriented when advising clients on conducting their business.
Similarly, investors in healthcare real estate (whether medical office developers, healthcare REITS or physicians) seek Mr. Calk's counsel in negotiating transactions with hospital systems or other healthcare real estate investors.
On a day-to-day basis, Jeff handles a variety of matters, including:
- acquisition and development of medical office buildings
- transactions to monetize healthcare real estate assets
- needs of REITs in acquisitions, development projects, divestitures, financing transactions, and leasing transactions involving a wide range of healthcare facilities
Evidencing his depth of experience and knowledge in the healthcare real estate sector, Mr. Calk serves as national leasing counsel for a publicly traded healthcare Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., with high honors
- Belmont University, B.S., History;Business Administration, magna cum laude
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Chair, Sponsorship Committee, 2018-2020
- Vice Chair, Sponsorship Committee, 2017-2018
- Vice Chair, Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law Conference Planning Committee, 2018-2020
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, 2014-2015
- Vice Chair, Healthcare Facility Operations Interest Group, 2012-2015
- Vice Chair, Revenue Committee, 2014-2015
- Liaison, Section Officers Conference Membership Committee, 2014-2015
- Green Hills Community Church, Chair of Deacons
- Nashville Young Leaders Council, Alumnus
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate (Tennessee), 2008-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2013-2023
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2012, 2013, 2018