Glynna K. Christian
Glynna Christian is a data strategy and business attorney in Holland & Knight's Chicago office and the head of the firm's Global Technology Transactions Practice. Ms. Christian helps clients navigate complex legal issues and mitigate business risks associated with emerging and transformative technology and data.
Ms. Christian has more than 20 years of experience advising clients in corporate and commercial deals such as mergers and acquisitions (M&A), financings, public offerings, joint ventures and other strategic transactions across virtually all operational and strategic areas of their businesses, including:
- launching new technology and digital products, including blockchain, autonomous and connected vehicles, wearable devices, data products, payment solutions, mobile app services, and internet security and registry services
- transforming traditional business models and internal service delivery models to digital models relying on cloud, blockchain, mobility and data, including artificial intelligence (AI)
- serving as outside general counsel for several high-growth technology companies, including consumer-focused financial technology (FinTech) companies and providers of blockchain-based platforms for trading specialized securitized assets
Ms. Christian also has government policy experience, having served as Senior Counsel and Chief Investigator to the U.S. Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, where she led investigations focused on consumer fraud and testified before the subcommittee, as well as Counsel – Special Investigations for the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Christian is an active and sought-out thought leader who regularly speaks with clients and professional organizations on technology and data matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Christian was an attorney at an international law firm in its New York office, where she co-led the Global Technology Transactions practice. During law school, she served as editor-in-chief of the University of Memphis Law Review.
Not yet admitted to Illinois Bar; admitted to New York and Virginia Bars only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in Illinois.
- Advising one of the largest food and drug retailers in the U.S. on marketplace partnerships
- Advising a global provider of maintenance, repair and operating supply (MRO) products in connection with its strategy around use of on-premises and cloud-based systems
- Advised an enterprise blockchain software company with a global ecosystem in connection with its go-to-market agreements
- Advised a global financial services company with the white labeling of artificial intelligence (AI)-driven digital concierge services
- Advised a global payments provider in connection with data protection issues in moving to a cloud-based business model
- Advised a global financial services institution in connection with the launch of a secure checkout experience for merchants
- Advised the world's largest automaker in connection with the joint development of a high-performance, AI platform to power advanced autonomous driving systems, partnerships for the integration of services from technology providers into vehicles and development of an advanced mobility platform
- Advised a United Kingdom-based company offering an augmented reality (AR) mobile app with its first partnership agreement in the United States for the resale of an image-recognition/AR technology platform
- Advised the leading provider of internet infrastructure services in the negotiation of a first-of-its-kind agreement for internet root zone maintenance functions
- Advised an electric motorcycle company on its collaboration with a leading motorcycle manufacturer on electric motorcycle technology and new product development
- Advised multiple companies in different industries in technology acquisitions and outsourcings, including acquisition of a digital marketing platform to support a guest experience across all digital touchpoints, a $250 million information technology (IT) infrastructure outsourcing and a $3 billion application development and maintenance (ADM) outsourcing
- Represented the oldest clothing retail and manufacturer in the United States with its global technology transformations, from completely redesigned e-commerce platforms, to global distribution and fulfillment, to cutting-edge point-of-sale systems, to product development and lifecycle management solutions, and to ERP financial solutions and human resources (HR) management solutions
- Advising one of the largest food and drug retailers in the U.S. in technology, data and ecommerce issues in connection with the potential acquisition of an online marketplace
- Advised a global financial services company in connection with the acquisition of an artificial intelligence (AI)-based, virtual travel assistant
- Advised a global payments company in its venture investment in a cryptocurrency and risk management platform provider
- Advised the largest independent production company in the United States with the creation of a joint venture entity for the production of scripted television and two strategic investments for digital content creation
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of North Texas, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- University of Memphis Foundation, Board of Directors, 2020-Present
- The NHP Foundation, Vice Chair, Board of Directors, 2018-Present
- Legal Momentum, Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- Children's Arts Guild, Chair, Board of Directors, 2010-Present
- Corporate Partner Award, Her Justice, 2009
- The Legal 500 USA, Media, Technology & Telecoms – Fintech, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Media, Intellectual Property – Patent Licensing, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Media, Technology & Telecoms – Technology Transactions, 2019
- The Legal 500 USA, Media, Technology & Telecoms – Technology – Outsourcing, 2017
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Recognized Practitioner, Technology & Outsourcing, 2017; Technology, 2021
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Technology, 2016