David Clay is a Nashville business attorney who provides counsel to both public and private company clients in securities law, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and general corporate matters. Mr. Clay has extensive experience helping hospitals systems and other healthcare companies navigate the complex and unique issues presented by transactions within the healthcare industry. He also has recent experience representing businesses focused on manufacturing and technology, professional service firms, family offices and real estate investment trusts on a wide range of corporate and securities transactions.
Mr. Clay provides clients with a well-rounded approach to securities and corporate transactions. He represents both public and private company clients across several industries.
In particular, he works extensively with healthcare providers in navigating the issues involved in strategic acquisitions and divestitures of facilities – such as hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and imaging centers – and in establishing joint ventures with physicians and physician groups.
In addition to mergers and acquisitions, Mr. Clay also advises companies in registered and private offerings of debt and equity securities, compliance with securities laws and periodic reporting requirements, and corporate governance matters.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Belmont University, BBA, magna cum laude
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- Rocketown of Middle Tennessee, Board Chair
- Nashville Young Leaders Council, Alumnus
- Nashville Emerging Leaders, Alumnus
- Nashville First Baptist Church, Deacon
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2022-2024