John D. Claybrook
John Claybrook is a commercial real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office who specializes in transactions for healthcare clients. Healthcare industry clients rely on Mr. Claybrook for his guidance regarding regulatory compliance issues presented by their real estate transactions, as the regulatory environment has a significant impact on real estate transactions in that industry. Clients value his significant depth and breadth of experience in a wide array of real estate transactions, and he strives to exceed his clients' expectations and works to ensure that their matters are handled professionally and efficiently.
Mr. Claybrook represents various investor-owned and tax-exempt healthcare service providers, including owner/operators in the following sectors:
- cancer treatment centers
- dialysis, diagnostic imaging
- in-patient hospice facilities
- outpatient surgery centers
- owner/operators of acute-care and specialty hospitals
- freestanding emergency departments (FSEDs)
- urgent care centers
Mr. Claybrook's career as a litigator in Washington, D.C., and his work prior to law school as an aide to former Senate Majority Leader Howard Baker had a significant impact on his current practice. These prior experiences taught him how complex and time-consuming the legal process can be, but also taught him the value of bringing parties together to a compromise, a skill that he applies to his real estate transaction matters today.
In addition, Mr. Claybrook is also a frequent speaker nationally on topics related to the intersection of healthcare and real estate.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Economic Club of Nashville, Board Member
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- American Health Law Association
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce Special Events Committee, Education Council, Former Member
- Historic Nashville Inc., Board of Directors
- Crittenton Services Inc., Former Board Member
- Friends of Warner Parks and St. Luke's Community House, Volunteer
- Young Leaders Council, Alumnus
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2013-2024
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated