Enrique A. Conde
Enrique A. Conde is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami and New York offices and co-head of the firm’s Emerging Companies and Venture Capital Practice in South Florida. Mr. Conde focuses his practice on domestic and international cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate financings, private equity and venture capital financings, joint ventures and general contractual matters throughout North, Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean and Europe. He also advises and represents Latin American and European companies doing business in the United States.
In addition, Mr. Conde has experience in representing companies in various industries and facilitating foreign investment that has resulted in significant social and economic impact, including technology, telecommunication availability, energy and infrastructure projects, franchising and access to financing.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Conde served as a partner in the legal department at a global technology investment company and served as the deputy general counsel of its Latin American Fund, a $5 billion fund to invest in technology companies based in Latin America. In his role at such technology investment company, Mr. Conde led several investment and joint venture transactions. Previously, he was a partner at a large multinational law firm based in Miami.
During law school, Mr. Conde interned with the Honorable Richard C. Casey in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. He also completed an internship with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Represented BurgerFi International Inc. in its $156.6 million acquisition of Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and Wings
- Represented a leading telecommunications company operating in 20 countries across Latin America and the Caribbean in its $250 million acquisition of an 80 percent stake in a leading Costa Rican cable operator
- Represented a privately held coffee company, known for its leading Hispanic brands, in the $360 million sale of its coffee brands and business operations
- Represented a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) in the $900 million acquisition of an international press and media company
- Represented several wireless telecommunications infrastructure companies in their acquisitions of telecommunications towers throughout Latin America
- Represented a leading provider of individual and integrated water solutions in its $30 million acquisition of a majority stake of the leading water storage tanks e-commerce platform in the U.S.
- Represented a consortium of investors in its acquisition of the business and assets of a fast food company's Latin American and Caribbean operations; the agreement, valued at more than $700 million, resulted in the sale of approximately 1,600 existing restaurants in 18 jurisdictions
- Represented the Latin America Fund of a global technology investment company in connection with a $16 million Series A financing round in a gaming platform entity
- Represented the Latin America Fund of a global technology investment company in connection with a $200 million Series D financing round in a freight technology company
- Represented the Latin America Fund of a global technology investment company in connection with a $60 million Series B financing round in a financial technology (FinTech) company
- Represented the Latin America Fund of a global technology investment company in connection with a $127 million Series C financing round in a Brazilian-based health technology (HealthTec) company
- Represented the Latin America Fund of a global technology investment company in connection with a $30 million Series B financing round in a Brazilian-based FinTech company
- Represented the Latin America Fund of a global technology investment company in connection with a $50 million Series C financing round in a workflow management solutions company
- Represented a Chicago-based private equity firm in connection with a Series C financing of a cybersecurity solutions company
- Represented a Miami-based investment company in connection with an investment into an Argentina-based FinTech company
- Represented an energy company in the financing of several renewable energy projects in the United States
- Represented a Salvadoran financial institution in its $900 million sale to Colombia's largest full-service financial institution conducted through simultaneous tender offers in Panama and El Salvador
- Represented a Mexican privately managed fixed satellite service provider in its offering of $325 million in principal amount of new 9.5 percent senior secured notes and its $35 million follow-on offering
- Represented a Colombian financial institution in its $30 million investment into a U.S. fund and related portfolio companies
- Represented several large U.S. quick-service restaurant brands in a number of joint ventures and development projects throughout Latin America, Europe and Asia
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Certificate, Business Economics and Public Policy
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., European History
- New York
- Posse Foundation, Miami Advisory Board, 2015-Present
- Ransom Everglades School, Alumni Board, 2013-Present
- Penn Law Alumni Society (LAS), Board of Managers, 2018-Present
- The Futuro Program, Co-Founder, 2001-2010
- Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), Term Member, 2014-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2019-2024; Corporate Governance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2024
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2015-2020, 2023
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), Top Lawyers Under 40, 2018
- Emerging Leaders Award, The M&A Advisor, 2017
- Latin America Rising Legal Star, Latinvex, 2015
- Rising Legal Stars of Latin America, Latin Trade magazine, 2014
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2013