Vinh Duong is an immigration attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Mr. Duong assists a broad spectrum of industries, ranging from early startups to large multinational corporations, with their international talent acquisition and regulatory compliance needs. Companies seeking to attract and retain international personnel rely on him to assist with immigration matters.
He has a broad range of experience with matters, including
- E-1 and E-2 visas for foreign traders and investors
- EB-1 petitions for foreign nationals of extraordinary ability
- EB-2 national interest waiver petitions (for researchers and physicians)
- H-1B visas for specialty occupation professionals
- J-1 waivers for physicians subject to the foreign residence requirement
- O-1 visas for foreign nationals of extraordinary ability
- L-1 visas for intra-company transfers
Clients in the healthcare, banking, offshore, manufacturing and science/technology industries also seek Mr. Duong's counsel regarding compliance with government regulatory programs such as I-9 employment verification and E-Verify. His good-natured sense of humor and sincere interest in serving the clients makes each feel like they are the only client. His commitment to client service is underpinned by his belief that providing personal attention and offering complete reliability are his most critical tasks.
Mr. Duong's dedication to helping people seek new opportunities in the U.S. is exemplified in his work with pro bono and community activities, which include supporting free citizenship clinics for individuals and families and assisting special immigrant juveniles obtain permanent residence in the United States.
Additionally, he has been named to Lawyers of Color's Inaugural Hot List (Southern Region).
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), Southeast Regional Conference, Chair, 2014
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellow, 2012; Mentor
- Tennessee Bar Association, Committee on Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Tennessee Asian Pacific American Bar Association , President, Mentor
- National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Nashville Council of Health Care Attorneys