Amanda Barbour Fantauzzo
Amanda Barbour Fantauzzo is a business and real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office and is a member of the firm's Corporate Services and Real Estate teams. Ms. Fantauzzo focuses her practice on a variety of corporate and real estate transactions.
Ms. Fantauzzo counsels private equity, venture capital, real estate and hedge fund clients, with a focus on formation, operation and maintenance of private investment partnerships from a legal, regulatory and tax perspective.
Ms. Fantauzzo advises clients on a broad range of strategic information technology and business process outsourcing matters, software and technology licensing and support, systems integration, managed network services, cloud solutions, including software as a service (SaaS) and other technology transactions.
Ms. Fantauzzo counsels clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and divestitures. Additionally, Ms. Fantauzzo advises public companies on a variety of corporate governance, regulatory and compliance matters. She also assists public companies with preparing periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as advises clients on disclosure and compliance matters arising from federal securities laws, and SEC rules and regulations.
In addition, Ms. Fantauzzo represents developers, banks and investors in commercial real estate transactions, including real property acquisitions, financing, conveyances, leasing and title matters.
Ms. Fantauzzo drafts, negotiates and provides guidance regarding shipper, carrier and broker transportation agreements. She has also represented buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and restructuring transactions, including the sale and/or lease of rail lines for, and on behalf of, all classes of rail carriers.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Fantauzzo served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Susan Miller-Jones of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida.
In law school, Ms. Fantauzzo graduated second in her class. In addition, she was elected as a managing editor of the Florida Law Review. Ms. Fantauzzo also provided assistance to members of the community with their civil rights applications as a part of the Restoration of Civil Rights Pro Bono Project.
- Counseled public companies on annual, quarterly, and current reports filed with the SEC regarding compliance with rules
- Represented issuer in private offerings of convertible promissory notes under Rule 506(b)
- Represented issuer in public offering of fixed rate notes
- Represented the owners of an insurance and technology company in the sale of the assets of their company and their equity interests in its subsidiaries
- Represented the owners of a brewery in the sale of their interests in the company
- Represented borrowers in loans secured by real property
- Represented buyers in the acquisition of commercial real property
- Represented sellers in the disposition of commercial real property
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Corporate, Business and In-House Counsel, Co-Chair
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Urban Land Institute North Florida
- Cockrell Inn, International Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi
- National Society of Leadership and Success
- Phi Eta Sigma
- Delta Epsilon Iota
- Phi Kappa Phi
- University of Central Florida LEAD Scholars
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Order of the Coif
- Irving Cypen Freshman Scholastic Achievement Award, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2016
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Dean's List, 2015-2018
- Book Award, Mergers and Acquisitions, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2018
- Book Award, Evidence, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2016
- Book Award, Professional Responsibility, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2016
- Book Award, Property, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2015