Cheryl A. Feeley
Cheryl A. Feeley is a Washington, D.C., litigation attorney and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. Ms. Feeley represents clients in complex business disputes involving breach of contract, shareholder rights and business torts, including fraud-based claims. She has extensive experience in federal and state court litigation and international arbitration.
Ms. Feeley was selected as a 2015 Holland & Knight Rising Star, an intensive program of leadership, management and professional skills development for female attorneys.
Ms. Feeley's recent representative engagements include:
- representing international engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor against the owner in a $4 billion-plus International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration arising out of the construction of a mega infrastructure project in Colombia
- representing international company against South American country in an investor-state treaty dispute before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- defending private equity investors in lawsuit involving breach of contract and defamation claims arising from corporate reorganization and related sales transactions
- representing a corporation and its board of directors in shareholders' litigation involving claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, fraud and tortious interference with contract; prevailed on summary judgment and secured $2 million attorneys' fees award for client; read this article regarding the court’s dismissal of the shareholders’ counterclaim for breach of fiduciary duties.
- representing a television distributor in breach of contract litigation with a major programming content provider defending an international medical device company in False Claims Act (FCA) litigation
- defending a national bank and subsidiary mortgage corporation against tort claims and a Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) claim
Ms. Feeley also has experience:
- defending large commercial property owners and public corporations against Fair Housing Act claims and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims
- defending manufacturers against product liability claims, including providing advice regarding risk mitigation defending media clients in defamation actions and protecting their rights associated with newsgathering
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Political Science, with highest honors
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2015
- Rising Star, Washington D.C. Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2019