Brent Hill is the leader of Holland & Knight's Healthcare Section. He counsels providers in the physician services, behavioral health, outpatient services and home health sectors in acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures of healthcare facilities throughout the United States. Over the past ten years, he has focused on the physician practice management sector, and he represents both selling practices and acquiring physician practice management companies, including private equity-backed companies. He also routinely advises healthcare providers who seek to joint venture with hospital systems.
To enhance the certainty of successful outcomes and protect client interests, Mr. Hill focuses on the determination and equitable allocation of risk between buyer and seller while navigating the regulatory issues that complicate healthcare transactions. His skills as a negotiator, a problem solver and a closer are recognized in both long-term and new client relationships. "He is the quarterback for me and the whole firm," a client told Chambers. "I go to him for everything."
Despite providing counsel in what are often high-pressure, strategic transactions, Mr. Hill realizes that getting to know the CEOs, General Counsel, CFOs and Development Officers with whom he works is a critical element in achieving client objectives. Company leaders appreciate his easy rapport and the way he gains a deep understanding of their priorities and concerns.
- Served as legal counsel to North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) in its acquisition of American Anesthesiology, a MEDNAX medical group
- Represented PhySynergy, LLC in its merger with Epix Anesthesia, LLC
- Represented South Oakland Anesthesia Associates in its acquisition by MEDNAX
- Assisted Associated Anesthesiologists of Reno in its acquisition by MEDNAX, which included negotiating and structuring the transaction and providing counsel on associated healthcare regulatory and tax and employee benefit issues
- Represented New Jersey Anesthesia Associates and its affiliated management company in its acquisition by MEDNAX
- Represented Wolverine Anesthesia Consultants, Inc. in its acquisition by TeamHealth Holdings
- Represented Madison Radiologists, S.C., an independent radiology practice with 35 subspecialized radiologists located in Madison, Wisc., in its partnership with LucidHealth
- Provided counsel to the physician-owners of Access Radiology in the negotiation and closing of a practice partnership arrangement with Radiology Partners
- Represented Jefferson Radiology, PC and Jefferson Imaging Associates in its acquisition by MEDNAX
- Served as transaction and healthcare regulatory counsel to Desert Radiology in its acquisition by Radiology Partners
- Represented Direct Radiology in the sale of its teleradiology platform to Royal Philips
- Represented Synergy Radiology Associates in its acquisition by MEDNAX
- Represented Almost Family, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of home health provider MD2U following MD2U's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Represented Lorient Capital in its partnership with a Missouri-based, regional provider of long-term care, assisted living and geriatric services
- Advised Almost Family, Inc. in the acquisition of a controlling stake in CHS Home Health
- Represented Physical Rehabilitation Network in its equity interest sale by Silver Oak Services Partners to Gryphon Investors
- Represented Physical Rehabilitation Network (PRN) in its joint venture with MemorialCare on a network of nearly 20 full-service physical therapy centers
- Represented Emergigroup Physician Associates, P.A. in its acquisition by American Physician Partners
- Represented Leading Edge Medical Associates in its sale to American Physician Partners
- Represented Florida Emergency Physicians in its acquisition by TeamHealth Holdings
- Represented Psychiatric Solutions, a behavioral healthcare services provider, in its sale to UHS for $3.1 billion
- Represented Acadia Healthcare in its acquisition of the CenterPoint Behavioral Health System
- Served as lead counsel to Covenant Surgical Partners in its partnership with De La Peña Eye Clinic
- Served as lead transaction and healthcare regulatory counsel to Covenant Surgical Partners in its partnership with Arizona Centers for Digestive Health
- Assisted Capitol Pain Institute with selling a network of integrated pain management centers
- Represented Rancho Family Medical Group in its growth investment transaction with LightBay Capital
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A.
- Georgia Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- United States Cycling Federation
- USA Triathlon Association
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Healthcare (Tennessee), 2016-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2013-2023; Health Care Law, 2012-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Lawyer of the Year - Health Care Law (Nashville), 2021
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2019-2021