Allia V. M. Howard is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. Ms. Howard focuses her practice on intellectual property (IP) transactional and litigation matters. Her work includes trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement and management of IP portfolios. She also performs IP due diligence in connection with merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions. Ms. Howard also assists in the licensing of IP and technology assets.
In addition, Ms. Howard has a growing entertainment practice, which includes preparing and reviewing agreements for television, film and similar media projects.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Howard was a summer associate in the firm's Intellectual Property Group, where she handled a variety of IP litigation matters.
During law school, Ms. Howard was actively involved in the Intellectual Property Law Society and the Black Law Student Association. She also was a primary editor for the Washington University Journal of Law and Policy. In addition, Ms. Howard assisted an intellectual property law professor and labor and employment law professor with their research and scholarship.
During her first year of law school, Ms. Howard was selected as a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) scholar
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D.
- Kalamazoo College, B.A., Economics, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Section
- State Bar of Texas, Entertainment and Sports Section
- State Bar of Texas, African American Lawyers Section
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers, 2022