Victoria Koob is a member of Holland & Knight's Asset Finance Group, based in the London office. Ms. Koob is well versed in cross-border asset finance and leasing structures. She has represented leasing companies, international financial institutions and airlines in a broad range of transactions, including aircraft acquisitions and sales, finance lease transactions, operating leases, aircraft financing and delivery arrangements, and fleet purchase contracts.
Ms. Koob's recent representative engagements, include:
- advising multiple lessors in respect of airline U.S. Chapter 11 proceedings
- representing a Swedish airline on its restructuring program with a variety of lessors and financiers
- represented AerCap in numerous secured portfolio financing arrangements
- advised Pegasus Airlines in respect of multiple finance lease arrangements for new aircraft
- represented an Asian investor in respect of its purchase of a shareholding in Nordic Aviation Capital by providing all aircraft and asset finance related advice for the transaction
- advised multiple large Ireland- and U.S.-based leasing companies in relation to aircraft portfolio sale transactions
- represented a leading aircraft lending business in the purchase and financing of seven AW139 helicopters
- advised several Irish leasing companies in respect of restructuring arrangements for a leading South American airline
- represented AerCap on the aviation side of its acquisition of International Lease Finance Corp. (ILFC)
Not admitted to England and Wales; admitted to New South Wales, Australia only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in England and Wales.
- University of Oxford, Saïd Business School, Oxford Executive Leadership Programme
- University of Technology Sydney, Graduate Certificate, Professional Legal Practice
- University of Technology Sydney, B.A., Accounting, with distinction
- University of Technology Sydney, LL.B.
- New South Wales
- Chambers UK guide, Asset Finance: Aviation Finance, 2021
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom, Asset Finance and Leasing, 2017-2019; Transport Finance and Leasing, 2020, 2021; Next Generation Partner, 2021
- Best in Aviation, Euromoney Legal Media Group Europe Women in Business Law Award, 2020
- Rising Star, Guide to the World's Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2017
- Aviation Finance Law Rising Star, Airfinance Journal, 2014
- Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2014
- Sale and Leaseback Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal, 2013