Jennifer Lada is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. Lada represents international and domestic clients in both state and federal court in matters ranging from complex commercial litigation and shareholder disputes to business torts, professional negligence and employment matters. Ms. Lada's practice encompasses trial and appellate work, as well as representing clients in arbitration proceedings.
Born and raised in France, Ms. Lada is fluent in French and has substantial experience representing French and Canadian corporations and individuals in disputes across the United States.
Ms. Lada is actively involved in the firm's pro bono effort. She frequently provides pro bono assistance to clients seeking asylum and clients seeking the return of children under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
While attending law school, she competed in the Willem C. Vis Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria. Ms. Lada's team placed in the top eight out of almost 300 teams. She also served as notes and comments editor of the Florida Law Review and was a member of the Florida Moot Court Team.
- Obtaining summary judgment for majority shareholders, officers and directors on multiple claims of breaches of fiduciary duty
- Obtaining summary judgment for tech company in appraisal and share valuation action
- Obtaining summary judgment for real estate developer on quiet title action
- Attaining an appellate reversal in the Eleventh Circuit for private client under international treaty
- Representing a national law firm successfully on various multimillion-dollar claims related to professional liability matters
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Mercer University, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The New York City Bar Association, European Affairs Committee
- The New York City Bar Association, Animal Law Committee
- Covenant House, Associate Board
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Leadership Institute, 2016-2017
- The Tampa Connection, 2017-2018
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020