Jennifer Lada is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. Lada represents international and domestic clients in state and federal court in matters ranging from complex commercial litigation and shareholder disputes to business torts, class actions, antitrust and employment matters.
Ms. Lada's business litigation practice encompasses trial and appellate work, as well as representing clients in arbitration proceedings. In her labor and employment practice, Ms. Lada has significant experience representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including litigation involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants and trade secrets, as well as discrimination, retaliation, harassment and wrongful termination claims.
Ms. Lada's most recent experience includes:
- obtained defense summary judgment in federal court for a U.S. telecommunications company against a claimant alleging breach of contract, business tort and fraud claims
- secured dismissal of purported class action against an international airline of numerous types of passenger claims, including claims of breach of contract, deceptive acts or practices, false advertising and conversion
- obtained defense summary judgment for majority shareholders, officers and directors on multiple claims of breach of fiduciary duty
- represented companies in highly confidential internal investigations related to various employee misconduct
Born and raised in France, Ms. Lada is fluent in French and has substantial experience representing French, Canadian and European corporations and individuals in disputes across the United States.
Ms. Lada is actively involved in the firm's pro bono effort. She frequently provides pro bono assistance to clients seeking asylum and clients seeking the return of children under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
While attending law school, she competed in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot competition in Vienna, Austria. Ms. Lada's team placed in the top eight out of almost 300 teams. She also served as notes and comments editor of the Florida Law Review and was a member of the Florida Moot Court Team. Prior to practicing law, Ms. Lada competed as a tennis NCAA Division I student-athlete.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Mercer University, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- French Foreign Trade Advisor (Conseillers du Commerce extérieur de la France or CCE)
- The Junior League of New York
- The New York City Bar Association, Animal Law Committee, 2019-2021
- The New York City Bar Association, European Affairs Committee, 2019-2020
- Covenant House, Associate Board, 2019-2021
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2016-2020
- The Tampa Connection, 2017-2018
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, 2016-2018
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Leadership Institute, 2016-2017
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020