Michael M. Mills Jr. is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. He practices in the areas of corporate law, securities, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. Mr. Mills advises clients on securities offerings, SEC periodic reporting, corporate governance, NYSE and NASDAQ regulations, mergers and acquisitions and other business and tax matters.
In the area of securities and capital markets, Mr. Mills has experience in advising clients on public and private securities offerings, SEC periodic reporting and proxy statements, Section 16 compliance, corporate governance and other business and tax matters.
Mr. Mills advises public companies, boards of directors, audit committees and special committees on disclosure, governance and compliance matters arising out of SEC rules and regulations, stock exchange rules (including corporate governance rules) and various corporate laws, including defending against shareholder activism and advising during proxy fights.
His experience in mergers and acquisitions extends to transactions involving both public and private companies, as well as matters involving applicable international and regulatory issues.
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., Economics and Management, with highest honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- ACG Tampa Bay
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, 2021, 2022
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2010-2015