Tanisha Pinkins is a corporate and private equity lawyer in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office. Ms. Pinkins focuses her practice on representing U.S.-based private equity firms and U.S.-based global corporations in connection with mergers and acquisitions (M&A), special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) transactions and general corporate matters.
Additionally, Ms. Pinkins advises major media and production companies, Grammy Award-winning artists, and National Basketball Association (NBA) and National Football League (NFL) athletes with content acquisition, financing, production and digital distribution matters. She also secures, protects and enforces clients’ copyright and trademark intellectual property (IP) rights. In addition, Ms. Pinkins advises digital media and entertainment clients regarding advertising, sponsorship and talent agreements as well as use of social media.
Ms. Pinkins has assisted clients in a variety of matters across various industries, including:
- represented a solar energy company in a $2.2 billion SPAC deal led by an entirely women-led SPAC
- represented a New York-based private equity fund with $2.6 billion under management and its portfolio companies in multiple transactions involving consideration in excess of $1.5 billion
- represented a global end-to-end customer experience corporation in a $750 million acquisition of 12 subsidiaries of an online travel agency
- represented a specialty beverage company in a $650 million acquisition and recapitalization by a private equity firm
- represented a private equity portfolio company (provider of environmental and infrastructure services) in a $140 million acquisition by a private equity firm
- represented a private equity company in a $122 million acquisition of a beauty retail company
- represented a private equity firm in a $115 million acquisition of a medical supply and surgical care provider company
- represented a French stationery and manufacturing company in a $65 million acquisition of a tattoo kit company
- represented a private equity portfolio company (provider of produce and specialty foods) in a $27.5 million add-on acquisition
- represented a luxury, plant-based wellness company in connection with a $3.1 million Series A financing
Ms. Pinkins' recent engagements with the firm's Entertainment Law and Sports Law teams include:
- represents a digital media and advertising company in connection with development and distribution of its online media platform and the protection of its IP rights
- advises a film producer and production team on all media activities in connection with the development and production of a documentary film
- serves as outside counsel to Grammy Award-winning artist's nonprofit organization that assists songwriters, engineers, producers, artists and industry professionals
- represents an executive producer, film maker, actress and Grammy-nominated music artist in copyright infringement matter
- negotiated investment financing, production, executive producer and related agreements for a television film
- provided analysis of royalty and diligence obligations, including chain of title and copyrights in connection with a bridge loan for profit participation in a catalogue of 600-plus music tracks
- represented a social media influencer in IP and defamation dispute
- served as finance and production counsel for a documentary film team
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Pinkins was an attorney for a global law firm in its Atlanta office.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Criminal Justice, magna cum laude
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- CURE Childhood Cancer, Young Professional Leadership Council, 2020-2023
- Emory University School of Law Black Law Students Association (BLSA), Alumni Board, 2022-2023
- American Bar Association (ABA), Sports Law Committee, 2020-2023
- Black Women Mergers & Acquisitions, Founder, 2023
- The Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys (GABWA), 2014-2023
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Atlanta Corporate Law Ones to Watch, 2020-2024
- Emory University School of Law, Deans List, 2015