Oscar Alejandro Quiroz-Chávez is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Monterrey office, where he concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Quiroz is highly experienced in advising companies on compliance and anti-corruption matters, where he has led several internal investigations in Mexico and abroad.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Quiroz worked for a leading Mexican law firm for more than 10 years and was based in Mexico City and Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, having also previously practiced in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Advised a multinational company in the acquisition of a renowned Mexican company that commercialized medical equipment and provided specialized services to different agencies of the Mexican Healthcare System and private customers
- Advised in the sale of a large Mexican company that manufactured chemical products for different applications in several industries to a multinational company
- Advised a multinational company in the reorganization of the corporate structure in Mexico, merging its financial branch (SOFOM) into the operating entity
- Advised different multinational companies in the reorganization of their corporate structures in Mexico as a result of the 2021 labor law reform on subcontracting, including mergers and liquidations of services entities
- Advised a German Pension Fund in the acquisition of a real estate portfolio in an important industrial park in Monterrey, N.L.
- Advised a multinational company in the textile industry in the start of manufacturing operations in Veracruz, Mexico, including the acquisition of a local manufacturing company
- Advised a multinational construction company in several public tender procedures of Healthcare Infrastructure Projects in Mexico
- Advised an important Mexican company in conducting a hostile takeover from a shareholder who had taken control illegally
- Represented a Formula 1 driver in drafting and negotiating his professional services agreement with his motor racing team and his sponsorship agreements with local and international corporations and governmental agencies
- Advised a multinational company that manufactures and commercializes medical equipment and medical technology worldwide in an internal investigation for corruption allegations that involved actions in Germany, Mexico and the Dominican Republic
- Advised a multinational manufacturing company in the automotive industry in an internal investigation for corruption allegations in Mexico, as well as coordinated the implementation of a remediation plan to eradicate such corrupt practices in the company
- Advised a multinational company of the automotive industry on the design, drafting, implementation and training of its anti-money laundering policies
- Provides anti-corruption and regulatory compliance trainings on a yearly basis to several multinational companies based in Mexico as part of their compliance programs
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., International Business and Economic Law
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Mexico, J.D.
- Universidad Panamericana, Postgraduate Certificate, Mexican Business Corporations Law
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Colegio de Abogados, A.C. (ANADE), Member, 2009
- Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados, A.C. (BMA), Member, 2019
- Instituto Mexicano de Mejores Prácticas Corporativas, Member, 2016
- Distinguished CONACYT Scholarship, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016
- Chambers Global, Compliance, 2019
- Chambers Latin America, Compliance, 2019
- Best Lawyers, Corporate and M&A Law, 2022-2023
- Shortlisted as a Rising Star in compliance, The Legal 500, 2023