Caitlin Saladrigas is a trial and litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's West Palm Beach office. Ms. Saladrigas is a member of the firm's Data Strategy, Security & Privacy Practice Group as well as the firm's Antitrust Team. She concentrates her practice on complex, fact-intensive business disputes, including bet-the-company litigation and class action defense in federal and state court.
In the data privacy context, Ms. Saladrigas has represented a wide variety of organizations from hospital systems to media companies to private equity funds in triaging issues ranging from incident response to class action defense. Most recently, Ms. Saladrigas obtained dismissal of a class action complaint related to a data incident potentially impacting nearly 4 million individuals. In the antitrust context, Ms. Saladrigas has experience litigating Section 1 and Section 2 claims under the Sherman Act and frequently writes on antitrust issues in the healthcare industry, among others.
More broadly, Ms. Saladrigas assists clients across industries with exposure to fraudulent business practices, including corporate investigative strategies identifying fraudulent conduct, best practices concerning fraud investigations and post-investigation resolution both informally or through civil litigation. She also defends clients in claims of consumer fraud and unfair and deceptive trade practices in multiple industries. Her experience extends to strategically litigating legal issues of first impression and spearheading expansive fact investigation efforts.
Ms. Saladrigas has significant knowledge in the e-discovery space and regularly assists clients in employing methods to efficiently and effectively meet their e-discovery obligations. She also has extensive experience litigating issues of privilege, and as part of her practice in this area is a member of the Sedona Conference Working Group 11, dedicated to addressing issues of attorney-client privilege and work product protection in the data privacy space. In addition, Ms. Saladrigas has experience in the area of medical receivable financing, including regularly assisting clients in navigating their exposure resulting from the involvement of these types of companies as well as writing and speaking on the subject.
- Negotiated favorable settlement with device manufacturer to avoid unnecessary litigation relating to hundreds of claims for insurance benefits
- Represented U.S. airline parts supplier in investigation and resolution of dispute related to non-payment by international airline
- Investigated substance abuse facility's fraudulent insurance claims submitted to regional insurer, ultimately leading to suit against insurer to be dropped
- Counseled client subjected to published investigative report reflecting allegations of fraud through successful resolution of client's related defamation claim
- Represented audiology and vision networks in defense of data breach class action
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of plaintiff insurer in federal court on claims for violation of Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA), unjust enrichment and declaratory relief against multiple clinics and their respective owners and medical directors regarding scheme to fraudulently obtain insurance benefits
- Successful representation of national health insurance company in federal court against claims from healthcare providers seeking multimillion-dollar damages and counterclaims under the FDUTPA, common law and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Successfully obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a property and casualty insurance company in a federal litigation matter against a chiropractic practice that uniformly treated auto-accident patients and improperly overbilled the patients for their treatment to maximize their profits by exhausting the patients' personal injury protection (PIP) insurance
- Represented the nation's largest property and casualty insurance company in federal court in the ﬁrst attempt by the insurance sector to sue a medical legal referral service in connection with the submission of alleged fraudulent claims in violation of Florida's self-referral laws
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida Atlantic University, B.A., Wilkes Honors College, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Bar Federal Court Practice Committee
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL), Women in Litigation Affinity Group, Co-Chair, 2023-Present
- Sedona Conference, Working Group 11, 2021-2023
- Florida Atlantic University, Wilkes Honors College, Advisory Council Member, 2016-2022
- Florida Atlantic University, Wilkes Honors College Alumni Association, Chair, 2016-2022
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL), Palm Beach County Chapter, Judicial Reception Chair, 2017-2019
- Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach Chapter
- Young Friends of the Norton Museum of Art
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2022
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2017, 2018, 2020-2022
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Florida Atlantic University, Outstanding Young Owl (OYO) Award, 2017
- Natasha Pettigrew Memorial Piranha for Children Award, University of Miami School of Law, 2011
- CALI Excellence Award, 2009
- Dean's Award, Civil Procedure I, University of Miami School of Law, 2008