Phillip M. Schreiber
Phillip Schreiber is a partner in Holland & Knight's Chicago office. Mr. Schreiber practices in the area of labor and employment. His practice is divided between counseling employers on a wide variety of labor and employment matters, litigating labor and employment disputes, performing labor and employment due diligence in connection with business acquisitions and sales, and drafting executive employment agreements, handbooks and employment policies.
Mr. Schreiber has extensive substantive experience in the areas of wage payment, overtime pay and minimum wage laws, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), biometric information protection, employment discrimination and harassment, disability accommodation, retaliation and retaliatory discharge, union-management relations, covenants not to compete, trade secret protection, reductions in force, paid sick leave laws and prevailing wage laws.
Mr. Schreiber regularly litigates matters in federal and state courts and administrative agencies. He has litigated numerous class and collective actions, including claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage and hour laws, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), FMLA, and Titles I and III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Mr. Schreiber represents clients that range from midsize family-owned businesses to publicly traded multinational corporations in a broad range of industries, including insurance, financial services, communications, technology, heavy manufacturing, defense and professional services.
Mr. Schreiber is a longstanding volunteer with Chicago SHRM, the local affiliate of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), and has served as a board member of that organization for 15 years.
In addition, Mr. Schreiber has written numerous articles on labor and employment matters. He also has been interviewed on several occasions by the Chicago Tribune and has appeared on television and several radio programs.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- University of Illinois, A.B., magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- All State Courts in Illinois
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Chicago SHRM, Board of Directors, Chair of Legislative Committee
- Chicago Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Employment Law - Management, 2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020