Omari K. Sealy
Omari K. Sealy, who serves as the co-head of Holland & Knight's Private Equity practice in the Miami office, is a corporate and private equity attorney who focuses his practice on representing private equity firms and corporations in connection with mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and other general corporate matters, including control acquisitions and dispositions, corporate finance transactions, commercial contracts and other corporate transactions.
Mr. Sealy has worked with clients to structure, negotiate and close transactions across a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, food and beverage, consumer products, wire and cable, dental services, healthcare and technology.
Mr. Sealy has also assisted clients with Hart-Scott-Rodino filings in connection with their acquisition and sale transactions.
In addition, Mr. Sealy represents both insureds and underwriters in connection with transactional risk products, including the issuance of representations and warranties (R&W) insurance policies.
- Represented Boyne Capital on its acquisitions of:
- Ryan Construction Co. Inc. and Ryan Marine Inc., a provider of diversified marine and industrial contracting and maintenance services across the Hampton Roads region of Virginia
- McKee Utility Contractors LLC, a water and sewer infrastructure services platform providing pipeline installation, replacement, tunnelling and boring for water, wastewater and stormwater utility customers in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas
- Represented Lincoln Road Global Management on its acquisition of Zodega Landscaping, a provider of full-service landscaping and lawn care services in Texas
- Represented Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) on its acquisition of Linkage Inc., a premier leadership development firm committed to advancing women and accelerating inclusion in leaders and organizations
- Represented Lincoln Road Global Management and Trivest Partners on their investments in:
- Landmark Paving, a full-service pavement maintenance business serving customers across the Southeastern United States
- Brothers Paving & Concrete, an end-to-end service provider of asphalt, concrete, striping and all related essential parking lot services and roadway maintenance
- Represented MasTec Inc. on its acquisitions of:
- QuadGen Wireless Solutions Inc., a provider of a broad range of end-to-end telecommunications solutions to improve network capacity, reduce costs and optimize network performance
- Casey Industrial Inc., a provider of construction services within the commercial and utility markets for power generation facilities, building products facilities and mining and industrial processing facilities
- Condotte America Inc., a provider of civil construction services for transportation projects that include roadways, bridges, interchanges, mass transit and tolling facilities
- The assets of DirectSat USA LLC, a provider of delivery and installation services of satellite and home security systems
- FNF Construction Inc., a provider of heavy-highway construction and general engineering services, and a manufacturer of aggregate and asphalt rubber binder
- Phoenix Industrial Inc., a heavy industrial general contractor that provides a broad range of specialty contracting services for manufacturers, processors and material handling specialists in concrete, steel, piping and manufacturing industries
- Byers Engineering Company, a provider of technical services and software solutions to the communications, utility and government industries
- Certain assets of Goodman Networks Inc., a provider of delivery and installation services of satellite and home security systems
- Represented Heritage Carpet & Tile in its sale to Artisan Design Group, a portfolio company of The Sterling Group
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its sale of a provider of residential and commercial security alarm systems and security monitoring services
- Represented a real estate investment trust (REIT) in connection with its acquisition of data center properties located in Raleigh, N.C., and Somerset, N.J.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a client acquisition and lead generation firm
- Represented a REIT in connection with its sale of data centers located in San Jose, Calif., Hillsboro, Ore., and Ashburn, Va.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its sale of a provider of remote database administration and cloud managed services
- Represented a Dallas-based private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of an international manufacturer of float level gauges and remote reading accessories for liquid level measurements
- Represented a French cable manufacturer in connection with the acquisition of a producer of mining, oil and gas, and other industrial cables
- Represented a London-based beverage can manufacturer in connection with the sale of its high-barrier food packaging business
- Represented private equity investors in connection with the sale of two New England power plants to a Canadian public company
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of premium-branded leather and fabric upholstered furniture in connection with its sale
- Represented a global alternative asset manager in connection with its sale of a processor of green chile, jalapeño and tomatillo peppers
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with the sale of a horizontal directional drilling company
- Represented a global alternative asset manager in connection with its sale of a manufacturer of wire and cable for the electronics, signal/control and industrial markets
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with the sale of a manufacturer of pneumatic process controls and mechanical power transmission products
- Represented private equity investors in connection with the acquisition of a manufacturer of branded and private label tortilla chips
- Represented an independent beverage bottler in connection with the purchase and exchange of manufacturing assets and distribution assets and acquisitions of certain nonalcoholic beverage distribution rights and territory, in a series of more than 10 transactions
- Represented a provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services for offshore rigs, vessels and ships in connection with its sale to the portfolio company of a Virginia-based private equity firm
- Represented a family office-backed management services organization (MSO) in connection with the acquisition of a multi-location ophthalmology practice
- Represented a financial sponsor in its formation of an MSO to cardiovascular practices
- Represented founders in connection with the sale of a primary care practice with eight locations in South Florida to the portfolio company of a Denver-based private equity firm
- Represented an MSO in connection with the acquisition and structuring of medical aesthetics practices (medspas) in Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah and Washington in more than 15 separate transactions
- Represented a dental support organization (DSO) in connection with the acquisition and structuring of dental and orthodontic practices and groups in Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Ohio and Pennsylvania in more than 20 separate transactions
- Represented a provider of weight management programs and consumable food products in connection with its sale to a major pharmaceutical company
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of an outpatient radiology services provider
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., summa cum laude
- North Carolina
- Rising Star, North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2017
- Legal Elite, Antitrust, Business North Carolina, 2017
- Young Professional Business Leader of the Year, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Inaugural Hot List Honoree, Southern Region, Lawyers of Color, 2013