Omari K. Sealy is a corporate and private equity attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. Mr. Sealy focuses his practice on representing private equity firms and corporations in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other general corporate matters, including control acquisitions and dispositions, corporate finance transactions, commercial contracts, and other corporate transactions.
Mr. Sealy has worked with clients to structure, negotiate and close transactions across a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, food and beverage, consumer products, wire and cable, dental services, healthcare and technology. Mr. Sealy has also assisted clients with Hart-Scott-Rodino filings in connection with their acquisition and sale transactions. In addition, Mr. Sealy also represents both insureds and underwriters in connection with transactional risk products, including the issuance of representations and warranties insurance policies.
Represented Heritage Carpet & Tile in its sale to Artisan Design Group, a portfolio company of The Sterling Group
- Served as lead counsel to a dental support organization (DSO) in connection with the acquisition and structuring of dental and orthodontic practices in Florida, Georgia, Connecticut, Ohio and Pennsylvania
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its sale of a provider of residential and commercial security alarm systems and security monitoring services
- Represented a real estate investment trust (REIT) in connection with its acquisition of data center properties located in Raleigh, N.C., and Somerset, N.J.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a client acquisition and lead generation firm
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of an outpatient radiology services provider
- Represented a REIT in connection with its sale of data centers located in San Jose, Calif., Hillsboro, Ore., and Ashburn, Va.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in connection with its sale of a provider of remote database administration and cloud managed services
- Represented a Dallas-based private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of an international manufacturer of float level gauges and remote reading accessories for liquid level measurements
- Represented a French cable manufacturer in connection with the acquisition of a producer of mining, oil and gas, and other industrial cables
- Represented a London-based beverage can manufacturer in connection with the sale of its high-barrier food packaging business
- Represented private equity investors in connection with the sale of two New England power plants to a Canadian public company
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of premium-branded leather and fabric upholstered furniture in connection with its sale
- Represented a global alternative asset manager in connection with its sale of a processor of green chile, jalapeño and tomatillo peppers
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with the sale of a horizontal directional drilling company
- Represented a global alternative asset manager in connection with its sale of a manufacturer of wire and cable for the electronics, signal/control and industrial markets
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with the sale of a manufacturer of pneumatic process controls and mechanical power transmission products
- Represented private equity investors in connection with the acquisition of a manufacturer of branded and private label tortilla chips
- Represented a provider of weight management programs and consumable food products in connection with its sale to a major pharmaceutical company
- Represented an independent beverage bottler in connection with its sale of a developer of alternative beverages
- Represented an independent beverage bottler in connection with the purchase and exchange of manufacturing assets and distribution assets and acquisitions of certain nonalcoholic beverage distribution rights and territory, in a series of transactions
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., summa cum laude
- North Carolina
- Rising Star, North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2017
- Legal Elite, Antitrust, Business North Carolina, 2017
- Young Professional Business Leader of the Year, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Inaugural Hot List Honoree, Southern Region, Lawyers of Color, 2013