Nili Yolin is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. Yolin focuses her practice on helping clients understand and navigate the regulatory environment in order to maximize their business opportunities.
Ms. Yolin draws on her knowledge of federal and state laws to help clients structure complex transactions and enter into professional services, consulting services and other arrangements that reduce their risk of liability under intricate regulatory frameworks such as corporate practice of medicine, anti-kickback and self-referral (Stark) laws.
In addition, Ms. Yolin counsels hospitals, large and small group practices, community-based providers of behavioral health and social services, managed care organizations and emerging companies in connection with various healthcare transactional matters, including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), divestitures and affiliations, primarily within New York's heavily regulated environment. With a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, Ms. Yolin oversees comprehensive diligence of target companies and offers practical, creative solutions that lead to successfully closed deals for her clients.
Ms. Yolin also regularly advises tax-exempt hospital systems with medical staff matters, provider and third-party payor contracts, executive compensation and corporate governance issues, and assists specialty providers, including dialysis centers, adult care facilities and licensed home care services agencies, with their New York certificate of need applications.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Yolin was a partner at a full-service law firm in its New York office.
- Represented multiple managed care organizations (MCOs) in the sale and acquisition of commercial, Medicare and Medicaid plans
- Advised venture capital and private equity companies in investments in various provider entities, including digital health companies
- Represented a national behavioral health MCO in its initiative to staff employer-based clinics in 42 states with behavioral healthcare providers
- Represented a private equity fund in strategic investments in multiple home health care providers
- Served as regulatory counsel in connection with an acquisition of a dental discount plan
- Represented one of the largest kidney care providers in multiple joint venture arrangements, acquisitions and divestitures in New York and nationwide
- Served as transactional counsel in the sale of renowned New York City pediatric ophthalmic practice
- Served as regulatory counsel to a large hospital system in connection with the sale of its outreach laboratory to a national laboratory service provider
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- New York University, B.A., Journalism and Politics
- New York
- New York Bar Association
- American Healthcare Lawyers Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2020-2022
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, New York – Healthcare, 2018-2022
- Rising Star, New York Metro Super Lawyers magazine, Health Care, 2014-2015