The summer program is an integral part of Holland & Knight's hiring effort, as we hire the majority of our junior associates directly from our summer program. We strive to give our summer associates an accurate sense of what it is like to work as a first-year associate at the firm, and we hire each summer associate with the expectation that we will extend an offer for a full-time position at the end of the summer.
We are intentional in recruiting relatively small summer associate classes, so that we may get to know each of you – your skills, talents and interests. Doing so enables us to provide individualized opportunities for you to learn about the practice of law. We hope that by exposing you to challenging client work and providing you with access to our comprehensive, substantive training program, you will gain insight into the practice and the firm.
Our summer program provides a real-world law firm experience, with opportunities to:
- learn how to practice law by working with experienced lawyers on complex matters for sophisticated clients
- attend client meetings, depositions, hearings, trials, closings and other external events
- build relationships with our attorneys through work assignments, our mentoring program, practice group meetings and events throughout the summer
- work with your peers in the office and throughout the firm
- meet our top leaders and learn about the history and future of the firm
- improve your substantive and practical legal skills through customized training programs
- connect with associate and partner mentors who help you navigate your summer associate experience and begin your career with us
Interviews provide an invaluable opportunity for us to get to know you, so that we can better assess whether your skills, interests and values will fit with ours. Interviews also enable us to highlight our work, culture and values, so that you can decide for yourself if Holland & Knight is a good fit for you.
In-Office Interviews - If you are selected for an in-office interview, we will contact you to schedule a time for an office visit. Once you arrive at our office, you will be greeted by our legal recruiting staff and introduced to a number of attorneys of varying experience levels, from new associates to partners.
Callback Interviews - Callback interviews are structured to allow you to meet both associates and partners who focus on the areas of law in which you are interested – and to provide you with a view into our firm culture.
Even though dress policies may differ across Holland & Knight offices, business attire is suitable for interview candidates in every Holland & Knight office. Please bring extra copies of your resume, writing sample, transcript, list of references, etc. and come prepared to talk about yourself and your interest in Holland & Knight.