You Can Run But You Can't Hide from the IRS
Holland & Knight International Private Client Webinar Series
Holland & Knight's International Private Client Group, part of the firm's Private Wealth Services Practice, is offering an exclusive International Private Client Webinar Series. Our highly experienced attorneys will delve into the personal and business matters that affect international high-net-worth families and individuals. We will provide insight on how to protect you, your loved ones or your business in divorce, adoption, international tax and estate issues, and other sensitive matters, as well as how to develop a strategic plan for a legacy that could last for generations.
During the fifth webinar in this series, Partners Kevin Packman, Andrea Darling de Cortés and William Shepherd will cover how the IRS can learn about taxpayers' noncompliance and collect from those taxpayers living abroad. Their discussion will touch on areas including income tax treaties, tax information exchange agreements (TIEAs), intergovernmental agreements (IGAs), mutual legal assistance treaties (MLATs), whistleblower issues and extradition matters.
More Presentations in this Series
- Part 1 - Cross Border Prenuptial Agreements: Navigating the Dangerous Shoals of Love, Wealth and Marriage Involving Multiple Countries of Origin, Domicile and Residence
- Part 2 - Divorce in a Post-Tax Reform World with a Focus on Cross-Border Issues
- Part 3 - Ongoing Post-Election Coverage Issues for International Clients
- Part 4 - Navigating the U.S. Immigration System in a Time of Uncertainty
- Part 5 - You Can Run But You Can't Hide from the IRS (You are currently viewing Part 5)
- Part 6 - Giving for Good Around the Globe: International Charitable Planning and Tax-Exempt Organizations Discussion
- Part 7 - U.S. Tax Considerations and Planning for Investing Abroad
- Part 8 - Structuring Investments into the U.S.
- Part 9 - Identity Protection for High-Net-Worth Individuals and Family Offices