Ongoing Post-Election Coverage Issues for International Clients
Holland & Knight International Private Client Webinar Series
Holland & Knight's International Private Client Group, part of the firm's Private Wealth Services Practice, is offering an exclusive International Private Client Webinar Series. Our highly experienced attorneys will delve into the personal and business matters that affect international high-net-worth families and individuals. We will provide insight on how to protect you, your loved ones or your business in divorce, adoption, international tax and estate issues, and other sensitive matters, as well as how to develop a strategic plan for a legacy that could last for generations.
During the third webinar in this series, Partners Sean Tevel and Joshua Odintz will cover ongoing post-election coverage issues for international clients. There has been much discussion on tax reform under the Biden Administration, and although no formal legislative proposals have been released, reform could come about with respect to U.S. federal transfer taxes and U.S. federal income taxes. These potential changes could significantly affect the way international families transfer their wealth, recommended structures for foreign investment into the United States and planning for U.S. persons with businesses and investments abroad.
Mr. Tevel and Mr. Odintz will cover the current state of the tax reform landscape and provide guidance on the best ways that private clients and their advisors can be prepared for potential tax reform.
More Presentations in this Series
- Part 1 - Cross Border Prenuptial Agreements: Navigating the Dangerous Shoals of Love, Wealth and Marriage Involving Multiple Countries of Origin, Domicile and Residence
- Part 2 - Divorce in a Post-Tax Reform World with a Focus on Cross-Border Issues
- Part 3 - Ongoing Post-Election Coverage Issues for International Clients (You are currently viewing Part 3)
- Part 4 - Navigating the U.S. Immigration System in a Time of Uncertainty
- Part 5 - You Can Run But You Can't Hide from the IRS
- Part 6 - Giving for Good Around the Globe: International Charitable Planning and Tax-Exempt Organizations Discussion
- Part 7 - U.S. Tax Considerations and Planning for Investing Abroad
- Part 8 - Structuring Investments into the U.S.
- Part 9 - Identity Protection for High-Net-Worth Individuals and Family Offices