Cross Border Prenuptial Agreements: Navigating the Dangerous Shoals of Love, Wealth and Marriage Involving Multiple Countries of Origin, Domicile and Residence
Holland & Knight International Private Client Webinar Series
Holland & Knight's International Private Client Group, part of the firm's Private Wealth Services Practice, is offering an exclusive International Private Client Webinar Series. Our highly experienced attorneys will delve into the personal and business matters that affect international high-net-worth families and individuals. We will provide insight on how to protect you, your loved ones or your business in divorce, adoption, international tax and estate issues, and other sensitive matters, as well as how to develop a strategic plan for a legacy that could last for generations.
During the first webinar in this series, Partner Mark Haranzo will examine cross-border prenuptial agreements. The drafting and negotiation of prenuptial agreements is an area that can be fraught with complexity and danger for the lawyers involved. These issues are greatly magnified when the agreements involve international couples. Mr. Haranzo will discuss how best to approach these agreements, addressing such topics as potential jurisdictions; considerations of governing law, including the understanding of the family laws in the potential jurisdictions; and the requirements and enforceability of prenuptial agreements in each jurisdiction, as well as selection and collaboration with experts in those jurisdictions.
More Presentations in this Series
- Part 1 - Cross Border Prenuptial Agreements: Navigating the Dangerous Shoals of Love, Wealth and Marriage Involving Multiple Countries of Origin, Domicile and Residence (You are currently viewing Part 1)
- Part 2 - Divorce in a Post-Tax Reform World with a Focus on Cross-Border Issues
- Part 3 - Ongoing Post-Election Coverage Issues for International Clients
- Part 4 - Navigating the U.S. Immigration System in a Time of Uncertainty
- Part 5 - You Can Run But You Can't Hide from the IRS
- Part 6 - Nonprofits
- Part 7 - Tax Planning for International Clients in Three Parts
- Part 8 - International Private Equity Planning
- Part 9 - International Estate Administration