Navigating the U.S. Immigration System in a Time of Uncertainty
Holland & Knight International Private Client Webinar Series
Holland & Knight's International Private Client Group, part of the firm's Private Wealth Services Practice, is offering an exclusive International Private Client Webinar Series. Our highly experienced attorneys will delve into the personal and business matters that affect international high-net-worth families and individuals. We will provide insight on how to protect you, your loved ones or your business in divorce, adoption, international tax and estate issues, and other sensitive matters, as well as how to develop a strategic plan for a legacy that could last for generations.
During the fourth webinar in this series, attorneys Leon Fresco, Jason Klitenic and Lauren Klein will cover how to navigate U.S. immigration and taxation laws when significant wealth is involved. In recent years, wealthy non-U.S. individuals have established a greater presence in the United States, generally through direct investment in U.S. assets, student visas or other avenues. Our attorneys will discuss how to determine the right visa classification based on the client's present and future goals, what to do when encountering and addressing national security issues arising in connection with U.S. visas, and other immigration matters. They will also analyze U.S. federal tax considerations for various U.S. visa classifications.
More Presentations in this Series
- Part 1 - Cross Border Prenuptial Agreements: Navigating the Dangerous Shoals of Love, Wealth and Marriage Involving Multiple Countries of Origin, Domicile and Residence
- Part 2 - Divorce in a Post-Tax Reform World with a Focus on Cross-Border Issues
- Part 3 - Ongoing Post-Election Coverage Issues for International Clients
- Part 4 - Navigating the U.S. Immigration System in a Time of Uncertainty (You are currently viewing Part 4)
- Part 5 - You Can Run But You Can't Hide from the IRS
- Part 6 - Nonprofits
- Part 7 - Tax Planning for International Clients in Three Parts
- Part 8 - International Private Equity Planning
- Part 9 - International Estate Administration