John Arnold is assists private equity, investors and healthcare clients to achieve their strategic goals in the current competitive and fast-paced market.
Mr. Arnold's practice focuses on transactional matters across the healthcare industry with an emphasis on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in recapitalizations, add-on acquisitions and roll-ups, as well as sell-side engagements involving private equity and other strategic buyers.
In recent years, Mr. Arnold has worked on numerous transactions across the healthcare services sector, including autism treatment, physical therapy, behavioral health, women’s health, fertility, otolaryngology (ENT), gastroenterology, urology, ophthalmology, optometry, dermatology, veterinary, general dentistry, oral surgery, orthodontics and other specialties.
In addition, Mr. Arnold has extensive experience structuring practice management arrangements across the country, and numerous private equity backed management services organizations (MSOs) and dental support organizations (DSOs) turn to him as their go-to outside corporate counsel.
Mr. Arnold understands that successful outcomes and long-term client relationships require a deep understanding of the client’s business and strategic goals. Whether he is negotiating deal terms or working collaboratively with specialists to navigate a complex high-stakes legal issue, clients rely on His ability to discern the most important issues for the client and offer practical advice that takes into account short-term and long-term business and operational considerations.
- Represented Axia Women’s Health, one of the nation’s largest independent women’s health groups, in its acquisition of OB/Gyn of Indiana, a 45-doctor obstetric and gynecological practice based in Carmel, Indiana
- Represented Axia Women’s Health in its acquisition of Cincinnati-based Seven Hills Women’s Health Centers
- Represented Axia Women’s Health in its acquisition of the Fertility Institute of New Jersey and New York
- Represented Axia Women’s Health in its acquisition of Indiana-based Southside OB-GYN
- Represented Axia Women’s Health in its acquisition of New Jersey based OBGYN Associates of North Jersey
- Acted as healthcare regulatory counsel to a healthcare PE firm in the recapitalization of a dental support organization (DSO) that supports orthodontic practices across the country
- Served as co-counsel to Vistria Group in its recapitalization of Rock Dental
- Represented investment firm Sorensen Capital in its investment in Spring Dental Intermediate
- Represented Elevate ENT Partners, a leading management services organization for otolaryngology (ENT) practices and a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity, in its add-on acquisition of San Antonio Head & Neck Surgical Associates, a Texas-based medical practice specializing in ear, nose and throat services
- Represented Metro Medical Supply, a leading specialty pharmaceutical distributor, in its acquisition by Cardinal Health.
- Represented Audax in its acquisition of South Florida ENT Associates.
- Advised a PE-backed practice management company in its acquisition of an urgent care company that operates seven facilities in upstate New York.
- Assisted ReFocus Management Services in the acquisition of New England Retina Associates, P.C.
- Represented South Florida ENT Associates in their partnership with Texas ENT Specialists, backed by Audax Private Equity, to support the collective of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) centers with the necessary resources to fuel continued growth.
- Served as special healthcare, real estate and diligence counsel to Ventas, Inc. during its acquisition of Ardent Medical Services for $1.75 billion.
- Assisted a 140-bed Arkansas not-for-profit hospital in winding down its operations, liquidating assets and in its Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Union College, B.A.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, Health Law Section
- ABA Health Law Section
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2021
- InCharge Healthcare, Memphis Medical News, 2014