Julian L. Bibb IV
Julian Bibb is an intellectual property attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. With a breadth of experience across multiple industries and a non-traditional path to the practice of law, he brings unique insights and a creative approach to helping clients safeguard their intellectual property assets. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Bibb owned a digital marketing company that created customer-developed web-centric solutions, crafted brand identity and collateral, and guided marketing and advertising strategies with implementation across an array of online digital platforms. Today, Mr. Bibb draws from those early business experiences as he assists clients with a variety of complex intellectual property issues.
Julian's practice focuses on:
- Trademark Law- securing state and federal registrations and enforcing client's rights in their marks
- Copyright Law - seeking federal copyright protection, properly allocating ownership rights, and assignments of those rights
- Software - drafting and negotiating software agreements between clients and their vendors
- Data Privacy - advising clients on the nuanced intricacies of ongoing developments in data privacy law, including the Eurozone's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and a complex web of U.S. laws like the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) / Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, the Children's Online Privacy Protection (COPPA) Rules, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) also known as the Financial Modernization Act
Mr. Bibb advises clients, daily, on the complexities of navigating all of these intellectual property disciplines so that they may obtain protection, defend their rights, and build their company's portfolio in IP assets. He works with startup ventures, as well as publicly traded and privately held companies (retail, hospitality, healthcare, financial institutions, and financial and internet technology). His extensive experience enables him to identify potential obstacles and advise clients with creative, practical solutions to realize their goals.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.A., News/Editorial Sequence
- Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A., English, with distinction, magna cum laude
- International Trademark Association - INTA Bulletin Committee: Features Subcommittee
- Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Nashville Bar Association Intellectual Property (NBA IP) Section
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Lawyers' Association for Women - Marion Griffin Chapter
- Nashville Entertainment and IP Law Member, American Inns of Court
- The Heritage Foundation of Franklin and Williamson County, Board Member
- Franklin Tomorrow, Board Member and Communications Committee Chair
- Leadership Franklin, Graduate and Board Member; Leadership Franklin Alumni Association
- Ethics Commission for the City of Franklin, Appointee
- National Outdoor Leadership School, Small-Group Expedition Leader
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law, 2021-2023
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2021