Paul Bond is a litigation attorney who focuses his practice in the areas of data security and privacy. He defends clients from tech- and data-related class actions that often arise following cyberattacks, such as ransomware. Mr. Bond also defends website operators against claims brought under federal and state laws such as the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA) and federal and state wiretap prohibitions. He defends clients in major cybersecurity and hacking litigation in the business-to-business and employment contexts.
Mr. Bond counsels company founders, senior management and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and households in hardening their defenses against identity theft and responding to identity theft emergencies. Mr. Bond serves on the board of directors of the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), a national nonprofit dedicated to assisting victims of identity theft, and is the chair of their Governance Committee. He is also a Certified Identity Protection Advisor, as certified by the Identity Management Institute (IMI), and is an adviser to the firm on the legal aspects of data protection.
Additionally, Mr. Bond is an adjunct professor at Rutgers Law School, teaching Privacy Law Essentials for Corporate Counsel and Internet Law. He is the program chair for the Practising Law Institute’s Cybersecurity Best Practices for Lawyers. He served as an instructor of Information Security Law in the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Executive Education and Certification Program at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College.
After law school, Mr. Bond served a clerkship for the Honorable Peter G. Verniero of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Drew University, B.A., Philosophy and Economics, magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Certified Identity Protection Advisor, Identity Management Institute
- Rutgers Cybersecurity Advisory Board, 2018-Present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/US), Privacy Bar Section
- Identity Theft Resource Center, Board of Directors, 2013-Present
- University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Articles Editor
- The Legal 500 USA, Media, Technology and Telecoms – Cyber Law (Including Data Privacy and Data Protection), 2023
- Client Service All-Star, The BTI Consulting Group, Inc., 2022
- Rising Star, Law360, Privacy and Consumer Protection Law, 2012
- New Jersey Law Journal, 40 Under 40, 2011