Paul Bond is a litigation attorney who focuses his practice in the areas of data security, privacy and artificial intelligence. He has assisted clients defending tech- and data-related class actions, including website wiretap litigation and cyberattack and ransomware class actions; major cybersecurity and hacking litigation in the business-to-business and employment contexts; and responding to government investigations in these areas.
Mr. Bond counsels company founders, senior management and ultra-high net worth individuals and households in hardening their defenses against identity theft and responding to identity theft emergencies.
Mr. Bond counsels clients on how to meet their obligations under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and its Identity Theft Red Flags regulations, the Driver's Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), and the dozens of other federal and state privacy laws and regulations. At the state level, he advises on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California Consumer Rights Act (CCRA), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA) and Colorado Privacy Act (CPA).
Mr. Bond has helped defend against several putative national class actions under the TCPA. He has also advised national clients on compliance with TCPA and other marketing privacy laws in connection with texting, calling, e-mailing and fax campaigns.
Additionally, Mr. Bond is an adjunct professor at Rutgers Law School and served as an instructor of Information Security Law in the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Executive Education and Certification Program at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College.
After law school, Mr. Bond served a clerkship for the Honorable Peter G. Verniero of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Admitted in New Jersey only.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Drew University, B.A., Philosophy and Economics, magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Certified Identity Protection Advisor, Identity Management Institute
- Rutgers Cybersecurity Advisory Board, 2018-Present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/US), Privacy Bar Section
- Identity Theft Resource Center, Board of Directors, 2013-Present
- University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Articles Editor