Paul Bond is a litigation attorney who focuses his practice in the areas of data security, privacy and artificial intelligence. Mr. Bond helps clients make the best use of new technologies, including opportunities for automation, while identifying and managing the relevant risks.
In addition to helping clients set their data and technology strategy, Mr. Bond has assisted clients defend tech- and data-related class actions, major cybersecurity and hacking litigation, and respond to government investigations in these areas. He also assists clients in licensing data sets for reuse and/or development by third parties and has provided advice to online streaming services and smart device manufacturers with respect to video privacy issues.
Mr. Bond counsels clients on how to meet their obligations under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and its Identity Theft Red Flags regulations, the Driver's Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), and the dozens of other federal and state privacy laws and regulations. Mr. Bond has also been involved in the successful defense of several dozen putative class actions concerning consumer privacy.
Mr. Bond is an adjunct professor at Rutgers Law School and served as an instructor of Information Security Law in the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Executive Education and Certification Program at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College.
After law school, Mr. Bond served a clerkship for the Honorable Peter G. Verniero of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Admitted in New Jersey only.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Drew University, B.A., Philosophy and Economics, magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers Cybersecurity Advisory Board, 2018-Present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/US), Privacy Bar Section
- Identity Theft Resource Center, Board of Directors, 2013-Present
- University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Articles Editor
- Rising Star, Law360, Privacy and Consumer Protection Law, 2012
- New Jersey Law Journal, 40 Under 40, 2011