Robert Roe Campbell Jr.
Bo Campbell represents developers, investors, lenders and buyers and is well-versed in incentive and tax-based real estate development financing. He is recognized by his peers and clients as a resource on Nashville's evolving real estate industry and as a connector in making sure that complex real estate transactions come to fruition.
Developers, investors and financing professionals call on Mr. Campbell for his insight and experience handling high-stakes real estate developments. In both stable and crisis-driven times, he manages the divergent expectations of buyers, sellers, lenders, developers and investors, guiding them through the complexities of unique real estate transactions.
With a reputation for knowing key players, exercising good judgment and closing complex transactions, Mr. Campbell represents clients in complex development, acquisition and investment projects including multi-family, office, retail, mixed-use and industrial distribution warehouse developments. He also provides clients with a wealth of knowledge on public/private incentive-based packages, navigating them through state and local approval processes, structuring tax increment financings and negotiating in lieu of tax agreements.
Mr. Campbell has had a hand in several first-time transactions or development deals in Tennessee, including the relocation of an automobile company's North American headquarters to middle Tennessee; the development and financing of Nashville's first downtown high-rise multi-family project followed by its first high-rise condominium project; and the redevelopment of the former Nashville Convention Center site into the $400 million mixed-use Fifth + Broadway development.
- Represented one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers with state incentive and real estate matters associate with its relocation of its North American headquarters to Franklin, Tenn.
- Coordinated Caden Group's acquisition of an office building in Nashville, Tennessee, and assisted with the opportunity zone agreements for the deal
- Represented Facebook with the acquisition and development of a site in Middle Tennessee for an $800+ million data center, including assembling the real estate property from multiple owners and a complicated trust on property
- Represented the City of Chattanooga, Hamilton County and their Industrial Development Board in state and local incentive negotiations with Volkswagen to significantly expand the automaker's Chattanooga assembly plant
- Advised OliverMcMillan and Spectrum | Emery in their partnership to co-develop the $400 million Fifth + Broadway mixed-use project on the site of Nashville's original convention center
- Coordinated the development, financing and disposition of Station 40, a project in West Nashville that included over 250 apartment units, plus cottage townhomes and 10,000 feet of retail space in a mixed-use development
- Represented Giarratana Development in the transformation of a 45-story multifamily project in Nashville's central business district from an all apartment project to a project including over 300 apartments and over 150 condominiums for sale
- Assisted Giarratana Development in the financing and development of the Viridian condominium tower
- Represented Cherokee Farm Development Corporation in the development and financing of a building at the University of Tennessee Research Center, Cherokee Farm
- Assisted H.G. Hill Realty with a lease negotiation for a future grocery store location in Nashville, Tenn.
- Represented Jim Reed Automotive, a former automotive dealership, in a complex dispute regarding a prime real estate parcel in downtown Nashville, Tenn. valued in excess of $82 million
- Represented Premier Parks, an operator of theme parks, amusement parks and multi-use venues across the United States and Canada, in its sale of five water and amusement park properties to Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
- Represented Premier Parks, an operator of theme parks, amusement parks and multi-use venues across the United States and Canada, in its acquisition of the iconic Pacific Park located on the public pier in Santa Monica, CA and related financing transactions
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., with high honors
- Wake Forest University, B.A.
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 2002 Large Firm Campaign for Legal Services of Middle Tennessee, Chairman
- Nashville Electric Service, Electric Power Board, Vice Chairman
- Nashville Downtown Partnership, Former Board Chair
- Leadership Tennessee, Class of 2014-2015
- Currey Ingram Academy, Board of Trustees, Former Member and President
- Nashville Child Center Board of Directors, Former Member and President,
- YMCA Urban Services Council, Former Member
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate, 2005-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, 2005-2023; Project Finance Law, 2005-2021, 2023; Real Estate Law, 2005-2021, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Nashville Lawyer of the Year, Banking and Finance Law, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Nashville Lawyer of the Year, Project Finance Law, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rated
- Nashville Business Journal, Best of the Bar, Real Estate, 2019-2022; Power Leaders in Commercial Real Estate, 2019
- Nashville Post, In Charge, Real Estate, 2022
- Nashville Post, CRE50 and Power 100, 2017