Gina Fonte is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Boston office and concentrates her practice in the areas of construction litigation and transactions, energy, insurance, commercial litigation and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) workplace safety and whistleblower claims. Ms. Fonte regularly advises clients within these industries, including regionally and nationally based contractors, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractors, developers, owners, specialty subcontractors and engineers. Also, on OSHA, workplace safety and whistleblower matters, she advises and represents critical infrastructure, hospitality, retailers, educational institutions, product and food manufacturers and distributors, property owners and managers, financial services, medical industry, and other private- and public-sector clients with compliance, in investigations and dispute resolution, and through litigation.
Ms. Fonte's general construction transactional practice includes advising, drafting and negotiating commercial construction contracts, letters of credit, promissory notes, leases, indemnity agreements, owner-representative consulting agreements, project closeout resolutions, multiparty escrow agreements, nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements, material purchase orders. She represents construction industry clients in complex, multi-party mediations, arbitrations, litigation and settlements. Ms. Fonte frequently advises clients in assessing, preparing and defending claims.
Ms. Fonte is co-chair of the OSHA, Workplace Safety and Whistleblower Claims Team at Holland & Knight. She is OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour certified and has lectured and written extensively on OSHA workplace safety and whistleblower issues and topics.
- Represented major national chain retailer with nearly 2,000 store locations and more than 300,000 employees, providing them with legal advice and representation on numerous Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) matters at different stages of proceedings from the investigation stage, to contest, in litigation before the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission (OSHRC) and other tribunals, with dispute resolution and multistate settlement representation involving high-focus industry standards such as egress, powered industrial trucks and walking/working surfaces, among others
- Advised and represented numerous national and international food manufacturing and distribution companies in responding to OSHA safety complaints, investigations and resolution, including execution of mitigation plans and best practices implementation
- Represented international banking institution in defending whistleblower complaints filed by former workers under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) whistleblower provisions
- Represented public transportation agency in defending whistleblower lawsuit filed under the Federal Rail Safety Act
- Advised and represented numerous critical infrastructure, retail, hospitality, educational, manufacturing, construction, financial services, medical industry, private- and public-sector clients on COVID-19 workplace safety issues, best practices and policy consideration, planning and implementation
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Boston University, B.A., magna cum laude
- New Hampshire
- All State Courts in Massachusetts
- All State Courts in New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts
- National Association of Women in Construction, Director, Scholarship Committee Chair