Adolfo E. Jimenez
Adolfo E. Jiménez is a Miami litigation attorney whose practice focuses on international disputes. Mr. Jiménez leads Holland & Knight's South Florida Litigation Practice Group, which consists of more than 80 attorneys, and also leads the firm's International Arbitration and Litigation Team. He is Board Certified in International Litigation and Arbitration by The Florida Bar. He handles general commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts. His international experience, language abilities and management skills provide innovative and comprehensive representation to clients involved in complex cases.
Mr. Jiménez represents clients in disputes across numerous industries, including media, energy, maritime, infrastructure, transportation, hospitality, mining, construction, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, food distributors and technology. In the energy field, Mr. Jiménez has represented coal producers, oil and gas companies, and electric utilities. In infrastructure projects, he represents clients operating in public-private partnerships (PPP), canals, railroads, shipping, aviation, construction, toll roads, ports and mining. He represents buyers and sellers in yacht transactions and clients in maritime cases. In the media law area, he represents broadcasters, print and online media, producers, streaming companies and studios on programming and publications in English and Spanish, as well as disputes involving technology, copyright, entertainment, privacy and trademark claims.
In addition to his civil litigation practice, Mr. Jiménez has extensive experience representing client arbitrations in English and Spanish before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), American Arbitration Association (AAA), International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), China International Trade and Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) and cases administered under the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Arbitration Rules. He also has served in numerous cases as a sole arbitrator, panel chair and party-appointed arbitrator in proceedings conducted in English and Spanish.
Mr. Jiménez also maintains an active federal and state court practice in which he represents clients in class actions, shareholder disputes, distribution agreements, mergers and acquisitions, unfair competition, fraud, trademark and copyright infringement, business torts and transportation disputes.
From 2005 to 2010, Mr. Jiménez oversaw Holland & Knight's associate compensation, recruiting, mentoring, evaluations and partnership admissions process, as well as the training and attorney development programs. Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Jiménez was a legal intern in the Office of the General Counsel of National Public Radio in Washington, D.C.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.S., Foreign Service
- Georgetown University Board of Regents
- Amigos de las Américas, Vice Chair
- Miami International Arbitration Society, Chairman
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution, Advisory Council
- Eisenhower Fellowships, Miami Steering Committee
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), Miami Advisory Committee
- Cuban American National Foundation, Board Secretary
- Easterseals South Florida, Board Member
- Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami International Arbitration - Commercial Lawyer of the Year, 2014; International Trade and Finance Lawyer of the Year, 2015, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Media Law, 2008-2011; International Trade and Finance Law, 2008-2022; Commercial Litigation, 2015-2022; International Arbitration - Commercial, 2010-2022
- Who's Who Legal Florida: Arbitration, 2020
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Litigation: General Commercial, 2019-2021
- Daily Business Review Professional Excellence Award, Holland & Knight - Litigation Departments - International Large Honoree, 2017
- The Legal 500 Latin America, International Arbitration, 2016, 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Daily Business Review, 2015
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2021
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2007-2021
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2008-2009