Adolfo E. Jimenez
Adolfo E. Jiménez is a Miami litigation attorney whose practice focuses on international disputes. Mr. Jiménez is the practice group leader for Holland & Knight's South Florida Litigation Group consisting of more than 80 attorneys, and he leads the firm's International Arbitration and Litigation Team.
Mr. Jiménez represents clients in a variety of industries, including media, energy, maritime, infrastructure, transportation, hospitality, mining, construction, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, food distributors and technology. In addition to his civil litigation practice, Mr. Jiménez has extensive experience managing arbitrations in English and Spanish before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the China International Trade and Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) and cases administered under the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Arbitration Rules. He also has served in numerous cases as a sole arbitrator, panel chair and party-appointed arbitrator in proceedings conducted in English and Spanish.
Mr. Jiménez works for a wide range of clients in different industry sectors. His experience in the energy field includes complex disputes representing coal producers, oil and gas companies, and electric utilities. In infrastructure projects, he represents clients involved in public-private partnerships (PPP), canals, railroads, shipping, aviation, construction, toll roads, ports and mining. In the maritime field, he represents buyers and sellers in yacht transactions and in all types of maritime disputes. In the media law area, he represents broadcasters, print and online media, producers and studios on programming and publications in English and Spanish, as well as disputes involving technology, copyright, entertainment and trademark claims. His international experience, language abilities and management skills help to provide innovative and comprehensive representation to clients involved in complex cases.
Mr. Jiménez also maintains an active federal and state court practice in which he represents clients in disputes ranging from class actions, shareholder disputes, distribution agreements, merger and acquisitions, unfair competition, fraud, trademark and copyright infringement, business torts and transportation.
From 2005 to 2010, Mr. Jiménez was the professional development and recruiting partner overseeing Holland & Knight's associate compensation, recruiting, mentoring, evaluations and partnership admissions process, as well as the training and attorney development programs. Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Jiménez was a legal intern in the Office of the General Counsel of National Public Radio in Washington, D.C.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.S., Foreign Service
- Georgetown University Board of Regents
- Amigos de las Américas, Vice Chair
- Miami International Arbitration Society, Chairman
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution, Advisory Council
- Eisenhower Fellowships, Miami Steering Committee
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), Miami Advisory Committee
- Cuban American National Foundation, Board Secretary
- Easterseals South Florida, Board Member
- Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Who's Who Legal Florida: Arbitration, 2020
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Litigation: General Commercial, 2019, 2020
- Daily Business Review Professional Excellence Award, Holland & Knight - Litigation Departments - International Large Honoree, 2017
- The Legal 500 Latin America, International Arbitration, 2016, 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Daily Business Review, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami International Arbitration - Commercial Lawyer of the Year, 2014; International Trade and Finance Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Media Law, 2008-2011; International Trade and Finance Law, 2008-2021; Commercial Litigation, 2015-2021; International Arbitration - Commercial, 2010-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2007-2020
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2007-2021
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2008-2009