Sakinah N. Jones is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office and is a member of the firm's Healthcare & Life Sciences Team. Ms. Jones assists healthcare clients with federal and state compliance in connection with regulatory, transactional and corporate matters.
Ms. Jones advises clients on compliance with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology's information blocking regulation and federal and state privacy law implications. She also assists healthcare industry clients with change of ownership and other licensure and regulatory filings. In addition, Ms. Jones advises clients on negotiating clinical trial agreements related to investigational medical and pharmaceutical research.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Jones handled antitrust matters and corporate internal investigations at a global law firm. She represented clients in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) through preparation and submission of premerger filings with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HSR Act) and compliance with second requests.
Before entering private practice, Ms. Jones was a research scientist for a research institution of a global pharmaceutical company.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., Health Law Certificate, magna cum laude
- Georgia State University J. Mack Robinson College of Business, M.S., Health Administration
- Princeton University, A.B., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Health Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Antitrust Law Section
- Princeton Club of Georgia Alumni Association, Board Member and Committee Chair
- Dynamo Swim Club, Board of Directors
- Georgia State University Law Review, Associate Research Editor, 2016-2017
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Pro Bono Distinction, Georgia State University College of Law, 2017
- Center for Law, Health & Society Health Law Award, Georgia State University College of Law, 2017
- American Bar Association and Bloomberg BNA Award for Excellence in Health Law, 2017