Sakinah N. Jones is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office and is a member of the firm's Healthcare & Life Sciences Team. Ms. Jones advises healthcare clients on federal and state compliance in connection with transactional, corporate and regulatory matters. She works primarily with hospitals, ambulatory centers and independent clinics on a broad range of healthcare needs.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Jones handled antitrust matters and corporate internal investigations at a global law firm. She represented clients in federal and state antitrust cases, including class actions, involving restraints of trade, monopolization and other alleged violations of the antitrust laws. Ms. Jones also represented clients in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) through preparation and submission of premerger filings with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HSR Act) and compliance with second requests.
Before entering private practice, Ms. Jones was a research scientist for a research institution of a global pharmaceutical company and a talent acquisition recruiter for a Fortune 100 company.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., Health Law Certificate, magna cum laude
- Georgia State University J. Mack Robinson College of Business, M.S., Health Administration
- Princeton University, A.B., Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Princeton Club of Georgia Alumni Association, Board Member and Committee Chair
- Community Friendship Inc., Board of Directors
- Georgia State University Law Review, Associate Research Editor, 2016-2017
- Pro Bono Distinction, Georgia State University College of Law, 2017
- Center for Law, Health & Society Health Law Award, Georgia State University College of Law, 2017
- American Bar Association and Bloomberg BNA Award for Excellence in Health Law, 2017