Marci Rubensohn is a senior policy advisor in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office and a member of the firm's Public Policy & Regulation Group. Ms. Rubensohn designs and lobbies for legislative and regulatory solutions to problems facing large private and public clients, primarily before Georgia state and local governments. Her clients include market leaders in healthcare, telecommunications, food service and casino gambling, as well as the largest airport in the world as measured by passenger traffic.
Ms. Rubensohn began her legislative career as an attorney for the Georgia Senate Research Office, providing legal and policy analysis of legislation coming before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Following her work with the Georgia Senate, Ms. Rubensohn served as the deputy director of government relations with the Georgia Municipal Association (GMA), where she was responsible for lobbying the state legislature on behalf of the 550 members of GMA and for representing municipal utility systems at the Georgia Public Service Commission. Throughout her 10 years at GMA, she developed legislative policy positions for the association and cultivated strong relationships with local and state elected officials.
Ms. Rubensohn has been appointed to various task forces, including the City of Atlanta Code Enforcement Commission, the University System of Georgia Alcohol Abuse Task Force and the Midtown Atlanta Land Use Committee. She was a delegate for the American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) and a graduate of the University of Georgia Municipal Leadership Institute.
Ms. Rubensohn is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia and in charitable organizations in Atlanta.
- Assisted a global electric company to procure energy performance contracts for several cities in Georgia
- Assisted a Kentucky-based housing development company to obtain approval for affordable housing projects in Georgia
- Assisted with the creation of a new tax district to authorize the collection of $100 million in revenue
- Assisted an intelligent transportation system (ITS) company to successfully procure community improvement district funds for traffic technology
- Assisted a cable company negotiate funding to expand broadband infrastructure
- Represented a large metropolitan city to successfully extend the term of the city's infrastructure sales tax and create a new sales tax economic development tool
- Represented a large consolidated government to create a new sales tax to fund the construction of a new arena
- Successfully represented an aerospace aircraft manufacturer to create a new income tax credit
- Represented a coastal city to successfully create and procure funds for the city's information technology and logistics corridor
- Represented a growing county to procure funding for a reservoir project
- Represented a coastal city to successfully increase its hotel/motel tax rate
- Updated the Land Bank Authority Act to provide greater authority and flexibility for local land banks
- On behalf of pharmaceutical clients, successfully passed legislation to synchronize dispensation dates of medication
- On behalf of a New York-based national asset manager, created a rural jobs tax credit program and successfully incorporated the program into the Suggested State Legislation handbook of the Council of State Governments to be used as a model in other states
- Successfully passed legislation granting operating and management authority to a local utility authority
- Successfully passed legislation to enhance access to rural utility poles for broadband deployment
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A., Political Science and Spanish
- State Bar of Georgia, 2002-Present
- University System of Georgia Alcohol Abuse Task Force, 2015
- City of Atlanta Code Enforcement Commission, 2014
- Midtown Neighborhood Association, 2010-2011
- Midtown Atlanta Land Use Zoning Committee, 2007-2011
- American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL), Delegate, 2007
- MidCity Lofts Condominium Association, Vice President, Board of Directors, 2003-2006
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Top 10 Female Lobbyists, James Magazine
- Dean's List, Emory University
- Certificate for Excellent Achievement for Negotiation Skills, Highest Grade in Class, Emory University School of Law, Spring 2000
- Certificate for Excellent Achievement for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Highest Grade in Class, Emory University School of Law, Fall 1999