Jeffrey R. Seul
Jeff Seul is a corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic transactions lawyer, chair of the firm's Technology & Telecommunications Industry Sector Group and a member of the firm's Directors Committee.
Mr. Seul has more than 30 years of experience working with emerging companies, investors, and strategic and financial acquirers. Mr. Seul advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions and activities, including helping launch, finance and scale startups; helping financial and corporate strategic investors deploy capital; representing sellers, corporate acquirers and private equity buyers in mergers and acquisitions; and negotiating and structuring major commercial and intellectual property transactions, including joint ventures and other types of strategic alliances. He also regularly helps companies and investors in the United States conduct business overseas, companies and investors from other countries do business in the U.S., and handles cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Seul has advised clients in many sectors of the tech industry. An increasing percentage of his time is spent working with tech companies disrupting traditional industries and companies in traditional industries engaged in the digital transformation of their products, services and business models, including recent work in the autonomous transportation, digital health and financial technology (FinTech) domains.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Seul was vice president and general counsel of Groove Networks, a software company acquired by Microsoft. He has served on the boards of several companies, including C3 Technologies (acquired by Apple), Energy Materials Corp. and Movimento (acquired by Delphi Automotive, now Aptiv). Mr. Seul is a board leadership fellow of the National Association of Corporate Directors.
Mr. Seul serves as co-chair of the Peace Appeal Foundation, an international nongovernmental organization that helps catalyze and support broad-scale peace and national dialogue processes to end or prevent wars. He is involved in the Peace Appeal Foundation's field work, and has taught courses on negotiation and peacebuilding at Harvard for many years.
- Advised numerous venture-backed companies in their acquisitions by strategic acquirers, including Apple, Google, Microsoft and Twitter
- Advised numerous strategic and financial acquirers in mergers and acquisitions
- Represented numerous emerging growth companies in venture capital and private equity financings, including Blues Wireless, Gamalon, Notarize, Ory, Quorum Analytics, ReversingLabs and Tidelift
- Regis College, B.A.S., magna cum laude
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M.
- Harvard Divinity School, M.T.S.
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Excellence in Pro Bono Award, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2015
- Who's Who Legal 100: Information Technology, 2014
- International Who's Who of Internet & e-Commerce Lawyers
- International Who's Who of Information Technology Lawyers