Kenneth Yood is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office. Mr. Yood represents a wide range of healthcare providers and healthcare companies, including specialty and general acute hospitals (including local district, nonprofit and for-profit facilities), home health agencies, clinical laboratories and other diagnostic providers, specialty pharmacy and infusion centers, pharmaceutical vendors, nursing facilities, and health information and management providers.
In addition, Mr. Yood has experience in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and certification, state licensing, corporate practice of medicine, telehealth, and other state and federal regulatory compliance matters. He counsels clients on physician referral law limitations, state and federal fraud and abuse issues, fee-splitting, and state and federal false claims and program fraud matters.
Mr. Yood helps clients establish and operate healthcare compliance programs designed to identify Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and certification issues, licensing and federal and state regulatory compliance matters, fraud and abuse issues, and other federal and state regulatory compliance matters. Mr. Yood represents clients in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement audits and appeals, and counsels clients in relation to internal and external reimbursement and compliance-related investigations, as well as self-disclosure and reporting obligations and strategies under the various federal and state false claims laws.
Mr. Yood represents and advises clients in the development, formation and operation of healthcare integration structures, including multi-provider joint ventures, affiliations, joint contracting arrangements, and other ownership and contractual business structures, all in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Yood was a partner in the corporate healthcare practice for an international law firm.
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, M.P.H.
- Haverford College, B.A.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Healthcare Facility Operations Interest Group, Vice Chair, 2013-2014
- American Health Law Association (AHLA), 1997-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Administrative / Regulatory Law and Health Care Law, 2011-2024; Los Angeles Lawyer of the Year, 2017-2019
- Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2009-2023
- RAVES (Recognizing AHLA Volunteer Engagement and Success) Recipient, American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), 2016
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyer guide, 2005-2023
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Legal 500 USA, Healthcare, 2010, 2011, 2013-2015