Government Contracts and M&A Breakfast Briefing: Buy Side Deals - Getting it Right
Holland & Knight Program
The Corporate and Government Contracts Groups will host a Breakfast Briefing on November 13th titled Buy Side Deals - Getting it Right - From the Small Strategic Buy to the Entry into the Public Market Through a Reverse Merger and the MBO.
The Panel will feature:
Michael Mannix, Partner, Holland & Knight
Joe Hornyak, Partner, Holland & Knight
Victor Sellier, CFO, Argon ST
Jason Rigoli, Principal, White Oak Group
James Mitchell, Partner, Ernst & Young
The Topics to be Discussed:
- Review of Market Trends.
- Update on the latest on the Small Business Recertification Rules and OCI.
- Tasks for the smart buyer, from due diligence to integration planning.
- Negotiating terms that leave liability where it belongs: top issues in risk mitigation in deal terms.
- Tax requirements in deal structure and potential use of 338(h)(10).
- Avoiding potential deal disasters: use of break up fees and earn out disputes.
- Special considerations in a reverse merger with a public company and an MBO.