Nimroz Ali is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Austin office. Mr. Ali's practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures, recapitalizations, capital raises, divestitures and other strategic corporate transactions in the healthcare industry. He regularly counsels private equity clients, portfolio companies, family offices, joint ventures and founder physicians and dentists in the formation, acquisition, growth and sale of clinical practices in the physician practice management space.
In addition to his healthcare practice, Mr. Ali has worked on M&A deals in industries ranging from automotive, oil and gas, technology, and food and beverage. As such, Mr. Ali has garnered extensive industry and transactional knowledge to assist both buy-side and sell-side clients in navigating the challenges set forth by the ever-changing business landscape.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Ali exclusively represented the seventh largest bank in Texas, with more than $48 billion in assets, on most of its commercial real estate deals involving the Dallas and Nevada markets. This work quickly translated into Mr. Ali gaining experience and handling complex debt finance structures involving multiple institutional banks, bridge financing, lender participation agreements and convertible mezzanine debt structures.
- Represented a Canadian-based Dental Support Organization (DSO) in multiple dental acquisitions
- Represented a Georgia-based DSO in multiple dental acquisitions
- Represented a Connecticut-based DSO in multiple dental acquisitions
- Served as general counsel to a Colorado-based oral and maxillofacial surgery practice that provides clinical services to more than 60 clinical practices owned by the third largest DSO in the country
- Represented DSOs in multiple recapitalizations, including a $134 million recapitalization for debt and $400 million recapitalization for equity
- Represented sell-side dental groups in multiple DSO transactions
- Represented a Minneapolis-based healthcare technology services company in a $45 million equity sale to a major private equity group
- Represented a Texas-based private equity group in three acquisitions of technology and events planning companies totaling $30 million in deal size
- Represented an investor in a $150 million real estate joint venture related to a Utah resort
- Represented a sponsor in a $140 million joint venture for purchase and construction of a 600,000-square-foot warehouse leased by a publicly traded corporation
- Represented a preferred equity investor in forming two separate joint ventures with a sponsor for the acquisition and development of a $55 million luxury apartment complex
- Represented a sponsor in connection with a real estate joint venture for a $50 million acquisition and development of multifamily real estate
- Represented the seventh largest bank in Texas, with more than $48 billion in assets, on most of its commercial real estate deals involving the Dallas and Nevada markets
- Represents multiple institutional lenders in multiple commercial real estate transactions across various asset classes
- Represented a buyer in an acquisition of the second largest water meter manufacturer in northern California
- Represented a sponsor in a $250 million oil and gas fund
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A.
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, Founding Member, 2019-Present