Joe Bucaro is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office and a member of the firm's Corporate Services and Healthcare Transactions Teams. Mr. Bucaro assists healthcare providers, physician practice management companies and healthcare investors in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions and private equity investments. He works extensively on both buy-side and sell-side deals involving single specialty and multispecialty medical practices spanning anesthesia, radiology, ophthalmology, behavioral health, pediatrics and others.
In addition to his work in the healthcare industry, Mr. Bucaro advises startups and emerging companies in the technology and software sectors on matters ranging from securing venture capital funding to corporate governance and operational issues.
Previously, Mr. Bucaro gained valuable experience as an associate with Brouse McDowell LPA in Cleveland, Ohio, where, in addition to corporate transactions, he advised clients on a broad range of healthcare regulatory compliance and operational matters.
- Represented BehaVR, a virtual reality (VR) delivery platform, in a $13 million joint capital raise with OxfordVR to fund the merger of the two companies
- Represented Tennessee Retina PC in its 2021 sale to Retina Consultants of America
- Served as lead counsel to Montclair Radiology, a leading provider of diagnostic imaging in northern New Jersey, in its acquisition by New Jersey Imaging Network (NJIN)
- Represented Newport Healthcare, the national leader in treating higher-acuity mood and co-occurring disorders in teens and young adults, in its acquisition of Minnesota-based PrairieCare, a premier provider of mental health services in the Midwest with one of the nation's largest pediatric psychiatric practices. The firm continues to assist the client with general counsel by providing attention to regulatory and diligence matters, reviewing and preparing purchase agreements, and more
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Dayton, B.A., Economics
- American Health Law Association
- Leadership Health Care
- Cleveland Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association