Enrique Gómez-Pinzón is the executive partner of Holland & Knight's office in Bogotá, Colombia. He practices in the areas of cross-border investment and financing, mergers and acquisitions, corporate and compliance, international arbitration and project financing. While Mr. Gómez-Pinzón spends the majority of his time in Bogota, he still maintains his practice in Washington, D.C.
In his practice, Mr. Gómez-Pinzón has participated in some of the most important financings and privatizations in Colombia in the last 30 years, including licensing of cellular telephones, banking entities, power generating and distribution companies, and transportation of petroleum. Mr. Gómez-Pinzón has represented contractors in matters before the World Bank Sanctions Committee. He has served as an arbitrator in a variety of cases administered by the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), cases administered under the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Arbitration Rules and the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce.
Additionally, Mr. Gómez-Pinzón has represented acquiring companies in various mergers and acquisitions transactions of mass public transportation companies in Ecuador, Chile and Colombia. He has participated in various mergers and acquisitions transactions within the United States, representing foreign acquiring companies, as well as cross-border transactions in countries such as Argentina, Brazil, the Bahamas, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Peru and Venezuela. Additionally, he has extensive experience in corporate matters, including internal investigations and compliance issues and he regularly advises companies in Colombia regarding the design, implementation and enforcement of comprehensive compliance and ethics programs to reduce their potential legal exposure, as well as defending clients with civil investigations, and coordinating with U.S. and other foreign counsel.
Mr. Gómez-Pinzón was the founder and former director of one the largest law firms in Colombia. He was the co-founder and ex-director of the Colombian-Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In addition, he was a member of the board of directors of the Bogotá Stock Exchange, as well as an independent board member of several publicly traded companies and banks in Colombia and the United States.
Mr. Gómez-Pinzón served as the director of the Colombian Trade Bureau in Washington, D.C., where he represented the Colombian government and several of its industries. In 1999, he formed part of the Colombian Delegation for the World Trade Organization's (WTO) Seattle Ministerial Conference and the Free Trade Area of the Americas' (FTAA) Fifth Ministerial Meeting in Toronto.
- Universidad de los Andes, J.D.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American Bar Association, Sections International Law, Advisory Panel and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Harvard Alumni Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Washington D.C. International Arbitration Club, Co-Founder
- Leaders League, Colombia, Arbitration, 2022
- Top-Rated Lawyer, Avvo.com, 2022
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Corporate/M&A: Colombia, 2019-2022; Corporate/M&A: Latin America-wide, 2018; Corporate/M&A (Foreign Experts), 2013-2016; Corporate/M&A (Experts Based Abroad), 2013-2016
- The Best Lawyers in Colombia, Corporate and M&A Law, 2015-2022; Banking and Finance Law, 2020-2022
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Leading Lawyer, Arbitration, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, 2021, 2022
- Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) Approved Attorney, Corporate/M&A, Colombia, 2016-2020
- Best Lawyers in Colombia, 2019-2021
- Chambers Latin America - Latin America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Colombia: Corporate/M&A, 2014-2022
- IFLR1000, The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms, Notable Practitioner, M&A, 2019, 2020
- Leaders League, Colombia, Banking and Finance, M&A, 2016, 2018
- Best Road Financing, Project & Infrastructure Awards, LatinFinance, 2016, 2017
- Best Local Currency Finance, Project & Infrastructure Awards, LatinFinance, 2017
- Best Infrastructure Financing for the Andes Region, Project & Infrastructure Awards, LatinFinance, 2016
- Deal of the Year, Project Finance, Latin Lawyer, 2016
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Local Practitioner of Note, International Arbitration Colombia, 2015
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019; Colombia Legal Market Overview, 2012, 2015; Banking and Finance, 2016, 2018, 2019; Dispute Resolution; 2016, 2018; International Arbitration, 2016, 2018; Projects, 2019; Litigation, 2019; Arbitration, 2019
- La Nota Económica - 500 Líderes Empresariales de Colombia, April 2014
- Latin America's Top 100 Lawyers, Latinvex, 2014