Anita M. Mosner
Anita Mosner is a partner in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office and practices in the areas of aviation law, public policy and regulation, competition and international law. Ms. Mosner is the co-chair of the firm’s Transportation and Infrastructure Industry Sector Group and is also the deputy chair of Holland & Knight’s Aviation Team. With a background in consulting as well as law, Ms. Mosner has a deep understanding of the aviation business that has sharpened her ability to tackle complex business disputes and operational problems. Ms. Mosner regularly represents airlines, UAS (drone) operators, airports and other aviation-related businesses.
Ms. Mosner handles all phases of the airline start up process, and has led the launch of both U.S. and foreign air carriers. Ms. Mosner also has represented several major international airports, assisting them with marketing, route development, environmental and development issues.
Ms. Mosner played a leading role in the development of several major airline alliances and joint ventures, assisting with the negotiation and documentation of such arrangements. She also has assisted several airlines in their efforts to obtain antitrust immunity for their alliance activities, and regularly provides antitrust compliance training and advice. Ms. Mosner has provided regulatory advice and has assisted in the negotiation of several airline investment transactions, and has secured approval for several cross-border investments in U.S. air carriers. She also served on a committee of experts which advised the Department of Defense (DOD) on the possible effect of changes to rules governing non-U.S. investment in U.S. airlines upon the Civil Reserve Air Fleet program.
Ms. Mosner has extensive experience in aeropolitical matters, including international aviation negotiations and disputes. Skilled in government affairs and communications, Ms. Mosner also helps her clients seek Congressional support for industry initiatives.
Ms. Mosner devotes considerable time to regulatory counseling and compliance. She has defended major enforcement actions before the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Transportation Security Administration, Bureau of Customs and Border Protection and other federal agencies. She also has handled matters involving the National Transportation Safety Board, Department of Homeland Security, Department of State and Department of Justice. She has strong experience in international air safety and air safety oversight, and also is a member of the firm’s Drone Practice Team.
Ms. Mosner handles both administrative and appellate litigation, and regularly offers pre-litigation counseling to her airport and airline clients.
Ms. Mosner is frequently called upon to speak at industry conferences and events, and delivers training seminars for several industry trade associations.
Ms. Mosner regularly writes about topics pertaining to aviation law and contributes to the Holland & Knight Transportation Blog.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Tufts University, B.A., Political science, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association, Forum Committee on Air and Space Law, Governing Committee
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers Guide, Transportation: Aviation: Regulatory, 2008-2022 (Band 1)
- Who's Who Legal:
- Transport, Aviation Regulatory, 2010-2021, Thought Leader – Global Elite, Aviation, USA, 2019-2022; Thought Leader, North America, Aviation Regulation, 2018; Most Highly Regarded, 2014
- Transport, Contentious - 2018-2022
- Transport, Unmanned Aircraft Systems, 2021-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Aviation Law, 2021, 2022; The Legal 500 USA, Aviation and Air Travel - Litigation and Regulation, 2020, 2021; Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers magazine, 2019-2021
- The Legal 500 USA, Transport: Aviation and Air Travel - Litigation, 2017, 2020, 2022
- The Best of the Best USA, Aviation, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2017
- Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides, 2008-2020
- Best in Aviation, Euromoney Legal Media Group America Women in Business Law, 2014-2016; Finalist, 2017-2022
- Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2012, 2013
- Boston University Journal of International Law, Editorial Staff