Rodolfo Rueda is an international business attorney in Holland & Knight's Mexico City and Houston offices. Mr. Rueda focuses on regulatory and government affairs, as well as cross-border natural resources and energy transactions.
Mr. Rueda represents clients identifying important regulatory considerations, develops strategies to address regulatory issues and helps implement strategies to achieve clients' business goals. He has extensive experience in legislative activity, lobbying and governmental affairs.
In addition, Mr. Rueda focuses his practice on transactions involving projects in Latin America, with a particular emphasis on all facets of oil and gas (upstream, midstream and downstream), power and renewable energy projects. He advises clients on international and cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate transactions, energy infrastructure project development, government procurement, public policy, compliance, North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) and dispute resolution in the energy sector.
Mr. Rueda is also licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant in Texas.
- Advice, support, and closing of the lease management of offshore oil rigs of a Norway Corporation, with an approximate amount of $290 million
- Structuring, advising, and closing of an approximately $82 million share purchase and sale agreement between Iberdrola and a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd., with respect to the participation of the former in 13.25% of Gas Natural Mexico
- Accompaniment to the £905 million ($1.77 billion) initial public offering of Fresnillo PLC before the London Stock Exchange
- Advice, structuring, representation, and accompaniment of Iberdrola’s expansion plan in Mexico since 2012, with an investment of approximately $5 billion dollars, of which $3.5 billion have been allocated to projects initiated after the approval of the energy reform in 2013
- Representation of winning bidders in the accompaniment and structuring of participation in various international public tenders, convened by the Federal Electricity Commission, under the independent electricity production scheme
- Project finance and closing of credit granted by Nacional Financiera, S.N.C. in the “PIER II” project, Puebla 66 MW, with an approximate value of $60 million
- M&A of BNS wind farm, Oaxaca 70 MW
- Construction and commissioning of four renewable 325 MW wind power plants in the states of Puebla and Guanajuato and 275 MW photovoltaic plants in San Luis de Potosí and Sonora
- Aqueduct El Realito, public-private investment of approximately 2,700 million pesos (Honored as Water Deal of the Year by Euromoney)
- Strathclyde University Business School (Scotland), M.S., Business Administration
- ICADE Business School at Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (Spain), M.A., Business Administration, Specialization in Energy and Business
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Post-Graduate Degree, Finance
- Universidad Panamericana, Post-Graduate Degree, Business Law
- Universidad Anahuac (Mexico), LL.B.
- Coordinator, Business & Networking Group, Energy Commission, American Chamber of Commerce of México
- Advisor to the Advisory Council, Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos (CNH)
- Participant, Institute of Energy Law's Leadership Class, 2020-2021
- Board Member, Ministry of Natural Resources of the Mexican Government
- Board Member, Consultant Water Council (Consejo Consultivo del Agua)
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Fomento Mexicano para el Desarrollo Sustemtable,A.C.
- Member, World Energy Council (UK)
- Member, Royal Academy of Engineering (UK)
- Professor, Natural Resources Law, Universidad Anahuac
- Professor, Energy Law, Escuela Libre de Derecho and Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico
- Secretary, Asociación Mexicana de Energía Eólica (AMDEE)
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico by Woodward/White Inc. (Natural Resources Law), 2020-2021
- Latin America’s “Renewable Energy Attorney of the Year” by Iberian Lawyer, 2019
- Next Generation Partner, The Legal 500 Latin America by Legalease (Energy and Natural Resources), 2021
- "Top 100 Energy Leaders in Mexico" by Energy and Petroleum Magazine, 2020